My baby beardie is about to die please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
An emergency vet would not really be able to do anything more than what Dylan can do which is to try to get a tiny bit of nutrition in him a little at a time.

Vandy

I did not like seeing those pictures. Half the fun of baby bearded dragons is stuffing them full of food and watching them grow right before your eyes. Jon Snow has grown 3.5 inches in the last 3 weeks
91111-7807731442.jpg
about 12 inches total

DylanJ

Original Poster
His lamp is off and it's like the part of me that he made happy was just turned off as well.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
t's not your fault Dylan, he was very small + when they get sick at that size they go downhill quickly. It's happened to many people on these forums.

Is the little guy still alive or do you mean that he passed ?

DylanJ

Original Poster
AHBD":2skpkgcq said:
t's not your fault Dylan, he was very small + when they get sick at that size they go downhill quickly. It's happened to many people on these forums.

He passed. And it is my fault. I could have done better. It's hard to believe that an innocent creature died because of me, the only person who should have taken care of him. I put him on his rock and went to my grandma's house and my sister walked in my room to see him and apparently he fell back into his water and drowned.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
AHBD":2d4nt87s said:
It's not your fault Dylan, he was very small + when they get sick at that size they go downhill quickly. It's happened to many people on these forums.

Unacceptable and rude comments removed by moderator. This owner is already feeling badly enough without reading about what SHOULD have been done. It is over, let it go.

That being said, I am so sorry you lost your little guy. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I just hope that if you get another animal, you go about it the right way.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yours Truly, the dragons can go quickly at that size, no need for your judgement on this person.

I'm so sorry....it's really not your fault, he was sickly when you got him and he went downhill. He was too far gone to survive whether he drowned or not, he really was. That would have been quick in his condition. Don't be hard on yourself, you wanted him to live , he was just too sick. Take care of yourself and don't put yourself down.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
AHBD":26l165c3 said:
Yours Truly, the dragons can go quickly at that size, no need for your judgement on this person.

I'm so sorry....it's really not your fault, he was sickly when you got him and he went downhill. He was too far gone to survive whether he drowned or not, he really was. That would have been quick in his condition. Don't be hard on yourself, you wanted him to live , he was just too sick. Take care of yourself and don't put yourself down.

You don't know if he bought the dragon that thin. He even said he was feeding it pellets. I'm not calling him a bad person or judging him on his character. I'm simply saying that he went about it completely wrong. He even acknowledged it himself.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He went with pet store advice which many people do , many of them join + post here even thinking their set ups are fine only to find out that it was wrong. And it's common for people to blame themselves when something go wrong, especially when they're grieving.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can't force a sick animal to eat. A baby dragon that is sick is much, much more difficult to save than a larger juvenile or adult. Most vets wouldn't have any success with a tiny sick dragon either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom