my babies eye is closed all the time, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzychik

Hi, i rescued a beardede about a month ago maybe a lil longer but he is doing much better except that his eye will not open at all. i checked it for eye goo and didnt see any as far as i could get him to open it but over the top of his eye it is very dark and the other side is lighter i have been giving him baths everyday like usually and i take him outside to sunbath with a hose, which he loves, it seems to be the only time he will use the bathroom. and i just cant get him to open his right eye at ll. i have a tube uvb light reptisun i think and a 30 gallon tank with towels down right now until i build his other cage. please help.

Fallencomrade2008

Juvie Member
My beardie has his left eye close alot too, not all the time but much more often than his right.I dont see anything odd about the eye but i'm still a little worried. Should i be worried that this might get worse? Is is grounds to look up a vet for him?

benzychik

Original Poster
i took him to the vet yesterday and he had conjunctivitis in one eye and a corneal ulcer in the other, i got medicine for him though and he will be ok

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
What type of uvb are you using? If you are using one of the coil/compact uvb's that is why your beardie has the eye problem.

Go to this site: http://www.reptileuv.com There is a link on the left side that takes you to the uk site that tested the uvb bulbs. They tested them and also got some data from users of them that had problems with their beardies and what happened during the coil/compact uvb use and how long the problems showed up and what happened after they took those bulbs off.

Elaina

Juvie Member
The right or wrong UV can make a ENORMOUS difference, either in a positive or negative way. If you have the "bad" UV, turn it off until you get the new "right" one. But not for too long (maybe not more than a week is what I have heard)- but take him out for Sun as much as possible.

Fallencomrade2008

Juvie Member
he's not going outside anytime soon, it was below 35 deg outside yesterday. The window is close to him though so he gets real sun through it. I'm looking into the light thing right now, thanks

benzychik

Original Poster
they dont get any uv rays from the sun through a window the window would have to be open and him directly in the sun light.

what is the best uv bulb i can buy? i have a really long light fixture witrh a reptisun8.0 but i need a new bulb. its a tube light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom