my 3 month bearded dragon wont eat!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilelove

Original Poster
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yesssssssssss!!!!!! She ate she ate!!!! I fed her the crickets. But the thing was I put one in and she was like whatever then I was like hmmmm... What else can I do so I coated the cricket and dumped it in there with the one not coated and she jumped at it immediately I was like wth!! So I coated another one and then she ate it again but left the one still not coated. As if it wasn't there so I coated another and bam!! She ate hahah wow I am so happy and this happened ten minutes ago!! Wow if you want to try this method that worked for me do it hahah thank you all for your help I'm really happy there are people like you out there! And my 20 gal isn't keeping the heat I want it's barley staying at 90 what bulb should I use a stronger one or a ceramic bulb that illuminates heat? Please tell me asap. Thank you everybody and have a merry Christmas with ur loved ones!

DragonsNDoodles

Juvie Member
I use a ceramic heat emitter on a dimmer switch. It keeps my 20 gallon long for my baby at about 105 on the hot end. I have a regular house bulb for a tiny bit of heat on the other end of the tank, keeping that end at 80.

If you can get a lamp with a dimmer switch, you can get the strongest ceramic heat emitter you can find and then adjust the switch to make the temperature right. Good luck.

And I've noticed the same thing about the coated crickets. Maybe it has something to do with their poor eyesight. My second dragon, Tigger, loves the dusted crickets but doesn't seem to care for the plain ones.

reptilelove

Original Poster
thank you and yes haha its like my bearded dragon was just teasing the non-coated cricket saying haha im not eating you hahaha.well thank you all but man i am guessing my bearded dragon only eats like $ crickets then gets full for like 2 dayz. whats up with thAT.

reptilelove

Original Poster
my little man ate 9 crickets today wow am pleased haha yesss. i hope everyone has a great holidays and i no many people may be going through stressed times and don't worry i no how that feels and i do feel that often all you can do it pray and just think positive. keep yourself busy and always hold your bearded dragon he will keep you happy.

reptilelove

Original Poster
woooooooooo hooooooooo!!! hahah yes my little beardie seems much much better and is a much better eater all of a sudden she ate 16 small crickets today =)but she wont eat the ones not coated. hopefully that's good.

What are you coating the crickets with? Is it a Calcium dust? Are you gut loading the crickets and is your store feeding them Calcium rich food? It kinda sounds like your beardy is looking for Calcium.

reptilelove

Original Poster
Yes I no. He wouldnt eat for almost a week and he's still a baby so I then did coat them more and yes I am dusting them with dragon dust. It has what they need. And I yes they are store bought but I gutload them for 48 hours so they get nice and healthy and nutritional for my dragon. I gut load them with cricket feed"flukers". He seems to love them and enjoys every cricket like it were his last. :blob8:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great your baby is doing so much better now. I hope you will be getting crickets soon because he needs his protein.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

reptilelove

Original Poster
Tracie you are frekin awsome!!! you have helped me alot with my little beardy and i want to thank you it really means alot that you and many others care thank you!!!!! well i did get more crickets today :mrgreen: haha and he ate 14 so i stopped because i will run out hahah but yes he is fine and real jumpy haha i think it was the shelll bedding but not sure. he is fine and is like im fulllllll!!! everytime i feed him he rests on his branch and just spreads his little belly to get warmth. haha but he is fine and i ordered phoenix worms about 3 days ago so it should hopefully be here soon. :mrgreen: :D

beardcore

Hatchling Member
owning a bearded dragon is a rollercoaster my now adult dragon, when he was little didnt eat for 6 weeks, and because of my expiernce with reptiles i had to force feed crickets everynight and the one day he just ate on his own. ever since then i let him eat alot,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom