My 1st batch of eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmglakewood

Hatchling Member
Okay well I thought Norman was a boy but turns out he is really a girl. She is really restless in the morning and bounces around her viv. I keep trying to put her in her laybox but she just jumps right out.

Is there something that I should be doing? She just keeps pacing around trying to climb her glass. She wont eat anything either. The other day I found a piece of egg shell inside her viv which I'm not sure if she ate it or if it somehow cracked inside her and she passed the broken pieces.

I'm trying to do my research but there doesn't seem to be too much info on the topic. Can someone let me know what usually happens and a step by step on what I should be doing?

Should I be giving her long warm baths or just leaving her alone to do her thing? I have no idea what to do and I feel bad for her. She has been acting crazy for a month now and I thougt nothing of it. I thought she was just bored and trying to entertain herself. I also thought she was a boy and never expected her to need to lay eggs.

dmglakewood

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
mybeardieslovefood":2bosxpbx said:
probably bad lying site

I have a 11" plastic container that is filled with like 7" of moist soil. I also have a box somewhat over the top to add privacy. Is that okay or should I change it?

dmglakewood

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've tried digging a hole and ten putting her in the soil. I've also tried putting her in the soil and then showing her how to dig. She doesn't seem interested.

I felt her belly and there doesn't feel like any eggs are in there. She has all the signs though that she needs to lay some eggs. However, she is also shedding for the first time in a few months so maybe her going crazy isn't from eggs but from her shed. I wish I had an x-ray machine so I could see.

browneyes49

Hatchling Member
I put mine in a large rubbermaid container, with a heat lamp clamped onto one side. Make sure it's deep enough so that she can't jump out. Fill it with your substrate, about 8 inches or so. I didn't fill the whole tub, I just piled it up on one side. Place the lid partially on, so she feels hidden, and leave her alone, in a nice quiet place. It took my girl 3.5 hours to lay her last clutch. She just dug and dug and dug like crazy, and finally she layed. Make sure you warm the tub for a few hours before you put her in there though. I had a smaller container, and mine kept jumping out too. I'm not an expert, and I'm new at this, but this is what worked for me.

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
When Kora looks like she needs to lay but just won't, I leave her in there overnight and then give her a day break in between and try again the next day. I always start a tunnel/hole for her and place her in there. I use sand, make it the consistancy of sandcastle sand so she can dig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom