MVB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have my 8mnth old beardie in a 40gal breeder tank. right now i have a 100watt basking light, and a heat emmiter plus her reptisun 10.0 UVB. i was considering using powersun in her tank and then i heard about mega ray. is that a UVB and basking light? this is my first BD and i want to have the best for her. so if anyone could give me some feed back on what i should have please do. Shes not sick or anything, she's active and eats like a pig but i need to know what fixtures/watts are appropriate in her 40gal breeder.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The Megaray is a mercury vapor bulb encompassing heat & UVB all in one bulb. For your 40 gallon tank, you should get the 100 watt Megaray, self ballasted one. If needed, you can use your heat emitter for extra heating, if needed, or a low wattage household lightbulb too. They do get pretty hot though, so you may not need any other heating along with it.
As far as a lighting fixture, you will need to get a ceramic based dome light fixture that will handle 250watts to avoid the ballast from getting too hot. You can get one from Home Depot or Lowes, or any hardware store most likely.

Good luck. Make sure you have a temp gun or digital probe to measure the temps well.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The Megaray provides the essential UVA as well as the UVB & heating necessary. This bulb will last at least 1 year so it really is worth the price.

Tracie

beardielovah11103

Original Poster
thats awesome! it's really gonna save me so much space! i mean the top of that tank is so cluttered! i have looked at some websites and the cheapest i found it was for $40. So im deffenitly investing in one. Thank you for your help. It's nice knowing there are other people that i can get info from because i dont think the people at petco really know what they're talking about! :blob5:
Do you mind if i keep your name and e mail u if i need anything else? haha thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom