mvb & light fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a few people on this forum that have talked to Bob (reptileuv) and he has told them that it is ok and there is no problem using the megaray at an angle. It doesn't affect the bulb nor the BD at all in a negative way, it's all the same effect when you use it vertically.

Tuskugee

Hatchling Member
Can you use a mega ray with an acrylic tank? I have a screen lid and I would put it right on top of the screen. Would the screen take away some UVB and therefore I would need a higher wattage bulb like 160?

KINGSAME

Hatchling Member
What about going thru a screen? I have a Megaray 100w above a 40g breeder. Without the screen(have a Zoo Med Lamp Stand) it's about 118 degrees at 12' from basking point. With the screen its about 108-112 degrees. Everyone will be different depending on room temps also.

Tuskugee

Hatchling Member
my room temp is about 72 degrees. I should be good though? If i put it on the screen i would get good uvb outputs?

KINGSAME

Hatchling Member
When I spoke to Bob at Reptileuv he said " a screen will filter out some of the uvb". He also said "the uvb output going thru a screen is still sufficient".

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
KINGSAME":96f19 said:
When I spoke to Bob at Reptileuv he said " a screen will filter out some of the uvb". He also said "the uvb output going thru a screen is still sufficient".

I would assume so, since you got the mac daddy MVB! They absolutely provide enough UVB, even through a screen. I can't say enough about the increase in appetite for my little girl. It's apparent that it's doing it's job!!

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Tuskugee":f2fec said:
http://www.petmountain.com/product/incandescent/107801/powersun-uv.html

This a good one?

For the same price, including shipping, you can get the MegaRay. I was going to get that one, but it was totally worth it to go with a better bulb.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Tuskugee":45402 said:
Ok, I'll get the megaray, also what dome fixture do i need? 8.5 porcelain?

I got the deep dome fixture plus a lamp stand, but there were some folks who were able to find one large enough at a hardware store. They are pretty big bulbs, though!

Tuskugee

Hatchling Member
Alright I am now going buy it from reptileuv! :D :D

My basking spot is about 12 inches from top and i have it going through a screen top. Do you think i should get a lamp stand to raise or lower it?

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Tuskugee":0908b said:
Alright I am now going buy it from reptileuv! :D :D

My basking spot is about 12 inches from top and i have it going through a screen top. Do you think i should get a lamp stand to raise or lower it?

I have mine on a stand, but it barely hovers over my screen. I also have a 40long.. but everyone's stuff is a little different.. so it's really up to you. 12 inches in the minimum distance, btw!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom