MVB and Dome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stygma

I recently purchased a 100 Watt Powersun after I had TWO RepPro bulbs fail on me within a month. Now, the RepPro fit perfectly into my current dome, but the Powersun protrudes just a TINY bit, so that the bulb is resting on the screen top of my viv. Will this shorten its lifespan? If so, is there any dome capable of holding this bulb without using a clamp?

Seven65

Juvie Member
I don't think it will do anything to the lifespan of your bulb. If anything would fail it would be the filament I'd think. I would be concerned about all the heat being directly on your screen though. Perhaps try putting it atop a doughnut shaped piece of wood or something similar to allow the light to go through but prevent direct physical contact with the screen.

Stygma

Original Poster
That's the thing Diamc; I HAVE a deep dome on this viv. Granted it's not ZooMed branded, but it's the same thing. The Powersun bulb just has a really long 'stem' on it. I don't have a clamp fixture either.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Gee, I thought the PowerSun was the same size as the T-Rex which I have in the deep dome and there's about 1/2 inch left over at the bottom so that it doesn't rest right on the screen. You could put 2 blocks of wood on 2 sides of the dome to raise it up a little as Seven suggested.

Stygma

Original Poster
How deep IS a deep-dome? Maybe mine isn't. It looks identical to the ZooMed one you mentioned, but I don't know the depth on those things.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My deep dome is 9" from the very tip of the ceramic top to the very bottom of the dome and is also 10" around. I had an xtra T-Rex bulb so I measured the height of that, from end to end it is about 6 1/2". Hope that helps.

Stygma

Original Poster
Mine's about 8" deep and 9" around. I suppose one inch makes all the difference. I'll have to invest in a new dome; this one's getting old anyways =)

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom