MVB - 100W or 160W?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doddins

Hatchling Member
Hi
Im getting an Arcadia D3 UV Basking Light, but im unsure if to get the 100W or 160W version?
My viv is 4X2X2, the basking light is mounted internally and would be 13" away from basking spot. i can move the basking spot over though which would increase the distance to bulb.

Can anyone recommend which Wattage to get?

Adam

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Adam,
I was hoping this thread was going to be about how great your new Arcadia MVB was working :( So you have not ordered it yet?
I would also go with the 100W as well. The 160W would be overkill for that size enclosure. Even though we are unfamiliar with the new Arcadia MVB... I would try and stay, at the minimum, 12" from the face of the bulb to the top of your beardie.
Let us know how it works out when you get it.

Doddins

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I originally ordered the 100W from one website but i have been waiting nearly 3 weeks for this to come into stock. i found the product on other sites and in stock but only the 160W version.

The site that has the 100W have been promising me every week that its coming in next weeks shipment but so far no joy :(

cashrokxsz

Juvie Member
damn. dat sucks big time. has anyone ever used fluckers sunspot? or evin big apple pet supplies mvb? i heard of them but never seen any testimonials about the products.

Doddins

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
no i havent, i cant find any reviews online either.
i have a pet shop calling me back this morning, they might be able to get me one :D

Doddins

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I called Arcadia directly to see if i could get a 100W only to be told its not released yet :shock:

i guess im going to have to go with strip UV and a warmer basking bulb.
Any recommendations on a strip UV? also, my viv is 4x2x2, if i put the strip uv at the top at the front (behind the top trip of wood above the glass doors) would this be too far away from liz?

and how big of a tube do i need?

Thank you again guys

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
So the Arcadia mvb's are not even on the market yet?
Well then... the best fluorescent strip UVB over there would be the Arcadia 12%. You can get the ReptiSun 10, but they are much more expensive for you guys. The Arcadia 12% is actually supposed to be(from what I've heard)better than the the ReptiSun.
You want it to cover at least 2/3 the length of the enclosure. With those particular uvb's, you want it to be within 6-8" of your beardie for optimal exposure.

Doddins

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you gulfbrzdawn :)
would the 30" 25W be ok? i will attach the strip bulb to the back of the viv, it will be lower to Liz that way :)

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
The 36" would actually be better, but the 30" will be just fine. :D
Make sure that the basking bulb and the UVB tube are side by side(not end to end). This way your beardie will reap the benefits of both lights at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom