Mungi the Beardie, a diary of growth and bonding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! My wife and I bought a baby beardie at the Montreal Reptile Expo. We went to get some feeders for our other animals and maybe a spiderling or two and ended up leaving with all that and a baby beardie haha. I have wanted one and been researching them for a long time so while it was a surprise purchase it wasn't a blind purchase.

This is just going to be a little diary of how he's growing and what he's doing. As well of some of his little escapades of course.

We bought him not knowing the age but the breeder we bought him from usually deals in feeder insects mostly. We have started ordering from them (geckogurl.com). During a delivery I asked when he was hatched and she said around the end of April so he is about 8 weeks now.

We have him setup in a 15g for now and I'll be looking for a 40-50g for him at adult age. Going to try for a flat rather than tall aquarium or maybe we will make it ourselves.

The day we brought him home we were setting his tank up and I decided to try feed him in the holding cell my tarantula Scarlet (B. Albiceps) came in. Surprisingly he munched down a good 9 crickets lol.

He's always been a good eater, feed him three times a day. In the past week he's started eating his veggies. We got him to do it by hand feeding him them to start. Now he'll munch from his dish when he's hungry. I actually think he expects the dish to be there at a certain time. If not he paces a little. I can't help but cave and give him a freshly (snow white) mealworm every now and then. He's so cute when he looks at the container he'll come running. "Can I haz Mealie?" I was sorting superworms for my adult leos and he came tearing to the front one day. Poor little bugger, the big ones are a quarter of your size, no you can't have one :lol: . This was then replicated but with large hornworms. Now I just do the sorting away from his tank lol.

My baby tarantula tried to dart up the outside of his tank once. You guessed it, he thought it was food. I think he was confused why I didn't put it in his tank once I caught it. /sigh hahaha.

It's hard to tell if he's grown over the two weeks we've had him. I'll have to look at some pictures and see if I can't compare them to now. I'm sure he has and my wife says he has. It's just hard to tell when you see him every day. Going to compare some pics and maybe put a quarter next to him for comparison so it's easier to tell down the track :).

He likes to be picked up. Sometimes it's hard to get him back on his rock lol. Since he's still pretty small we try to limit handling to just paper towel changing/cleaning/cricket herding times. Overall he's just a cutie and I can't wait to watch him grow up into a big dragon. I'll be posting some pics when I have a chance to resize them.

I'll be posting whenever I remember about this post. I wuv my widdle fellah. We both adore him!

dementedlullaby

Original Poster
Mungi tried to run up to Opal on the bed and assert his dominance LOL.

Insta-boy-black-beard and crazy head bobbing, thankfully I'm a ninja and Mungi did not get close to Opal. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom