Multivitamin Advice

thradia

Beardie name(s)
Nova
What are your recommendations on a multivitamin for your beardies?
We dust with calcium right now but have been told we need to add a multivitamin to her schedule, but I'm not sure where to start on that one! any advice would be great on this

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Schedule will depend on the dragon's age, so that would be important to know. I have used Rep Cal Multivitamin for years, and that one still is a good choice. Recently, I have been trying Repashy Calcium Plus. This is of course calcium with all the multi vits to include D3. It really depends on choice. As I had an egg laying female and a baby dragon, I figured the extra calcium would not hurt.

Either of these choices will be fine and dosage schedule is dependent on age. For dragons a year old and under I dose multi vit 2-3 times per week, and for adults once per week.

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Huh i dunno why that link mentions uvb but i clicked it and it does go the the multivitamin page, weird.

thradia

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nova
Thanks! I'll look into some of those and see what I can get. She's 11 months old now and probably if I can get a multivitamin with the calcium included would be ideal (y)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Not so much, they need calcium daily until they are adult, they only need multivitamin 2 to 3 times per week.
What i do is keep a couple of the containers that the bugs come in, one i put straight calcium in and the other is calcium and vitamins mixed. I just drop the bugs in which ever one i need that day and shake till coated.

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
I use these for vitamins and spray it on their green 2-3 times a week.

Attachments

• 9BDF3C3D-F83D-494C-A5F4-CBE82D2D96CD.jpeg
    9BDF3C3D-F83D-494C-A5F4-CBE82D2D96CD.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 69

fcooper

Hatchling Member
You don't need to do a multivitamin unless the diet is not adequate; with that being said, a vitamin once a week is likely not going to hurt him. Like you already stated though, the science behind vitamins in humans to controversial and with a species we know less about, even more so

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom