moving your bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saryuu

so i had no say in this and it angers me to no end, but my mom just yesterday and today decided to move my lizard from its spot in our computer room to a spot under our stairs. it irritated me to no end, but i got over it but today she decided to move him AGAIN from the table it was on to a lower stand. The last beardie i had G'reth had been moved from his table to this same stand and a week later his health went down and he just got worse and worse and died. so I'm very worried about Ember, my grandma said that i have nothing to worry about and that G'reth could have died due to a health issue and he just had bad genes or whatever but G'reth was FINE before he was moved. And Ember is much more docile and not as grr and bitey and i dont want to loose him too. :( Will he be ok? I know that certain things can stress them out real bad.
I mean i know that i'll just watch Ember and make sure he's ok, but after G'reth there are things i'm more weary of. like Ember wont eat earthworms at all, he will be going outside more, but my sisters wont try to feed him outside bugs at all.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How is Ember's behavior since being moved? I'd keep an eye on his behavior and if he acts skittish or aggressive, I'd try putting some paper up around the tank for a while. Has the setup of the tank changed at all? Or just the location in the house. If he's used to being held and having outside the tank time I'd continue with that because if he's used to you then having you nearby may be reassuring if the move is stressful. If just the location has changed, I wouldn't worry too much.

Saryuu

Original Poster
nothing in his cage has changed just the location. He's not really skittish at all, though his body and front legs are gonna shed they're getting kinda grey.
yeah i know i should worry too much but thats like trying to get your dog to not chase a squirrel lol. i worry too much XD. ill just keep watch and take him out of his cage more than ever.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Worry is part of caring for these little guys. As long as the tank setup hasn't changed (temps are the same, furniture and lighting the same, etc) I think it will be OK. As I said, if he starts acting skittish just put some paper up on the walls of the tank for a little while to hide the outside surroundings if needed.

Saryuu

Original Poster
yeah he has three sides covered with newspaper. things wont change my sister will still get him out and feed him a few mealworms lol and take him outside. we'll see what happens.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds OK so far. My gut feeling is that everything will be fine. If anything seems out of sorts however, let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

Saryuu

Original Poster
yeah, part me says he'll be fine but the others like mhm idk last one. lol but yeah ill keep ya posted :D

sue09

Hatchling Member
I'm not sure about feeding him earth worms from outside ,they could have any sort of chemical in them! unless your 100% sure they haven't then I would not feed them to him.I hope he is ok after his move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom