Moving around a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmglakewood

Hatchling Member
Last night I took my beardie out of his viv and placed him in a box to sleep. I then spent a few hours adjusting his tank making sure his lights / temps are all 100% spot on.

I took out some of the clutter (he's in a 75 gallon viv). I left his water, greens dish, a rock and a basking spot. He now has a large open area in his cage to run around.

Anyways today my beardie seems a lot more active in his cage. Although it seems like more of a flustered active and not an enjoyable active. He keeps trying to climb the glass and he keeps going from one side of the cage to the other. His basking area is 101.3 - 104.9 depending on what part he is on. These temps were taking using a temp probe and was left for 1hr+ to get an accurate reading. His cool side is 80-81 degrees and it's about 1/3 the tank.

My question to you is, is this normal? My temps have been way off lately and he would only ever sit in 1 spot. He would never really leave his basking spot unless he was eating. Is he running around simply because he doesn't have as much clutter and the temps are right? Or is he confused on where all his stuff went?

brian8010

I'm having the same issue. Several weeks ago I cleaned his cage, "remodeled" and everything was fine, until the past week where he will literally spend hours digging at the glass at one end of the cage. I did not change the lights or temps/basking area, just the flooring and removed a couple sticks. He's driving me crazy scratching non-stop. I get him out and let him walk around, and he acts normal, I feed him worms and he eats them like a heroin addict getting a fix. He's in a 40gal aquarium now, and I'm hoping the bigger one I'm building (2x2x4) will make him a little less frantic.

dmglakewood

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
brian8010":2u0c11d7 said:
I'm having the same issue. Several weeks ago I cleaned his cage, "remodeled" and everything was fine, until the past week where he will literally spend hours digging at the glass at one end of the cage. I did not change the lights or temps/basking area, just the flooring and removed a couple sticks. He's driving me crazy scratching non-stop. I get him out and let him walk around, and he acts normal, I feed him worms and he eats them like a heroin addict getting a fix. He's in a 40gal aquarium now, and I'm hoping the bigger one I'm building (2x2x4) will make him a little less frantic.

Yeah I have him in my office as that's where I spend most of my time. He is driving me crazy today. Not only that but I feel like he might hurt himself. He is standing on 1 leg and jumping and falling over. It's quite funny actually as long as he doesn't hurt himself. I took him out a few times earlier and he was fine. He just stood there and looked at me.

Monkey

Juvie Member
When I switched viv's recently my beardie was doing the same. And she's usually VERY calm, so I never thought Id see her do that. However, she stopped after about 4-5 days. Give it some time, I think it's just an adjustment thing. They don't feel as secure, once they get to know the area again and nothing happens they chill again. I have a feeling it comes down to conditioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom