Mouth/tooth rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Hi all

I'm wondering what to look for if/when a beardie gets mouth rot. I was remembering when Deb (sweetiepie) was looking in one of her boys' mouth and noticed that he had mouth/tooth rot. Because of that I looked in Rosie's mouth and saw that the top of her teeth are black, not the bottom of the teeth or the gums, both of them look fine but I was wondering if I should be concerned or just keep an eye on her teeth to see if the coloring changes/grows or not.

Thanks.

Lori

imcallumwbu

Hi there,

I am in no way an expert on this, but when I see my beardies yawn I have never seen any discolouration in their gums, you might wanna get that checked out!

imcallumwbu

Hmm, in my knowledge that cant be mouth rot, mouth rot usually turns the fleshy parts of the mouth and outer scales a dark lumpy colour, ive mever heared of it taking place on a beardies teeth! Could you grab a picture of it so I could take a look?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
We will attempt to. It may not be easy as she only opens her mouth sometimes when she's basking and it's a bit hot but not very much. I was thinking the same thing, that it isn't a problem just the food particles staying on her teeth.

imcallumwbu

Hi again,

I believe I have just completley mis-diagnosed you, I stated mouth rot turns the inside out outer scales of the mouth a dark colour, I believe they turn a light yellow/wightish colour, no idea why I wrote dark!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom