Mouth slightly open

Status
Not open for further replies.

brettinlj

My beardie, Fluffy, recently started to keep his mouth very slightly open in the front starting about a week ago. I thought nothing of it at first because he's done this for a few hours at a time before. I am however getting concerned as he now keeps it this way and is going to sleep with it still open.

He recently completed a full body shed and has actually been eating very well and has been more active and healthy then I have ever seen him. I keep the UVB bulbs fresh (a Reptisun 10.0 that I change every 6 - 9 months) and keep track of the proper basking temps. He's on a diet of collard greens and superworms, with Rep-Cal calcium and herptivite dust occasionally for vitamins. His weight is also good.

Any ideas? I can take him for a checkup but he has already had his yearly visit and the herp vet is pretty far away so I want to see if this could be a serious problem before I traumatize him with a long drive.

afAmR.jpg

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Can you post a picture of his face from the side? Do you also have a side shot from when he wasn't doing this, like an older photo for comparison?

How often do you dust his feeders with calcium? How old is he?

He's a cutie. :D

brettinlj

Original Poster
ShannyBeard":2uxl8f4o said:
Can you post a picture of his face from the side? Do you also have a side shot from when he wasn't doing this, like an older photo for comparison?

How often do you dust his feeders with calcium? How old is he?

He's a cutie. :D

Thanks! I give him calcium a few times a week but with superworms it does have trouble "sticking" on them. You'll see silk worms here but they're just an occasional treat as I have trouble finding them reliably. Here is an image from the side and one from before he started doing this:

Side view:

EjEUc.jpg

Before:

kMolZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom