Mounting Uvb Inside tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
How would I go about mounting a UVB in the tank? Like what fixture would I use, and how would I get it to stick inside the tank? Also, use the cord from the UVB make it so the tank lid does close all the way? I know the screen filters out UVB, so I want to mount both inside the tank. If you could, could you list what I need/links to the stuff. Thanks guys :D

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Just a cheapy from home depot, I took the covver off so it doesn't block the rays. I can take a pic If you want

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
IMG_20110823_184849.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I was going to suggest 3M hooks, but it doesn't look like it would work for that fixture.

If you have some metal around your house, you can maybe bend two peices into this shape:
bracketwhood-500x500.jpg

Or you can buy those.

Something less convenient would be getting some strong metal wiring, and hanging it from the screen.

-Brandon

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":1o2lphze said:
I was going to suggest 3M hooks, but it doesn't look like it would work for that fixture.

If you have some metal around your house, you can maybe bend two peices into this shape:
bracketwhood-500x500.jpg

Or you can buy those.

Something less convenient would be getting some strong metal wiring, and hanging it from the screen.

-Brandon
hmm I'm trying to think... how would you stick the metal to the tank?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No you don't stick it to the tank, it stays there by itself. I thought the picture was pretty self explanatory on how it works haha :mrgreen:

-Brandon

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":huhjzohw said:
No you don't stick it to the tank, it stays there by itself. I thought the picture was pretty self explanatory on how it works haha :mrgreen:

-Brandon
Wow I'm sorry Brandon. I'm having one of My "special days" ... aka Every Mon-Fri.

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
Can you post a picture of the back side of your fixture? Usually there are holes where you can hang them on 3m hooks, you could also just buy 3M Tape (very strong double sided stuff) and stick it to the glass.

Brandon's photo depicts a metal strip bent into an 'S' - hook, the fixture is laying on the bottom of the hook and the top of it hooks around the top of the aquarium.

roseplummer

Hatchling Member
I took a wire hanger and cut 2 pieces of and bent them so that they hook over the edge of the aquarium and then hook up into the holes meant for screws on the light. It is nice and sturdy and my screen still fits on top.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
HI there,

Like I already posted, this is how you mount the fishtank-like fixtures. :mrgreen:

bracketwhood-500x500.jpg

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom