Mounting the Reptisun 10.0 within a glass enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
I'm having trouble finding the right under cabinet light fixture for the Reptisun 10.0 bulb (18"), can anyone give me a link on Amazon?

Or does anyone know of the exact name/brand of the fixture required so that I can check at my local Walmart?

I know some of these fixtures require electrician work which I cannot do so I'm looking for the one that you just plug into the wall.

Here is a video of what I am talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvwmC43Phms

onmercuryy

RelentlessChaos":3jrt6mjt said:

I got the exact same fixture and I just plugged it in with the Reptisun 10.0 light in it and it immediately smelled like it was burning. I’m not sure what the problem was. ☹️ I broke my emergency back up (which was a coiled Reptisun and I know those suck but I figured I would keep it as a last resort kinda thing) too, so Carrot is out of a UVB light for a couple of days. Anyway, the point of my story was just to maybe warn anybody thinking about putting those two together. Maybe I did something wrong or got a bad bulb.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
onmercuryy":39oqhpuj said:
RelentlessChaos":39oqhpuj said:

I got the exact same fixture and I just plugged it in with the Reptisun 10.0 light in it and it immediately smelled like it was burning. I’m not sure what the problem was. ☹️ I broke my emergency back up (which was a coiled Reptisun and I know those suck but I figured I would keep it as a last resort kinda thing) too, so Carrot is out of a UVB light for a couple of days. Anyway, the point of my story was just to maybe warn anybody thinking about putting those two together. Maybe I did something wrong or got a bad bulb.

Hmm, I was reading some of the reviews for the fixture and saw some pictures of terrarium setups in the review so I thought it might work out.

I haven't purchased anything yet, I might just get an MVB as a temporary solution.

onmercuryy

RelentlessChaos":17cw3i3t said:
onmercuryy":17cw3i3t said:
RelentlessChaos":17cw3i3t said:

Hmm, I was reading some of the reviews for the fixture and saw some pictures of terrarium setups in the review so I thought it might work out.

I haven't purchased anything yet, I might just get an MVB as a temporary solution.

Well, I actually just plugged it in again today and waited to see if it would start smelling again, and it didn’t! So I think it might have just been the new bulb smell? I am keeping an eye on it though. Burning smell = bad usually, but I have the terrarium hood designed for the Reptisun coming as a backup. So maybe it is worth a shot? I just wanted to put my two cents in because I didn’t know if it was my fault or something. Let me know what you do end up getting! :D

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
When using a T8 I advise against using cheap fixtures and they should be used with a reflector. If you need to reach further than about 6'' then I would use a T5 bulb instead. They have a higher output that is more like natural sunlight and are better suited for taller tanks. They should sit about 12'' above the basking area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom