Morph Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sericinda

Sorry to ask this here but I haven't gotten any answers in my intro/rescue thread... I was wondering what morph Reptar is? Never mind his blue feet, he is a rescue that was on blue sand in a 10 gallon tank.

I've looked at morph pictures but it just confuses me more lol

Thank you for any help :)

IMG01625-20101229-1053.jpg

IMG01624-20101227-1658.jpg

IMG01619-20101227-1259.jpg

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Most people will tell you that you can't really tell the actual color morph without knowing the parents colors or color bloodlines. Breeders will tell you that the different morphs are the genetic mutations such as hypo (clear nails with skin lacking black pigmentation), translucent (skin lacking opaque or white pigmentation causing a see thru appearance), leatherback (varying degrees of reduced scaling causing a smooth appearance), or any combination of these. So with that in mind, all you can do is guess by how he looks, and there is the possibility he is some kind of citrus cross or color phase. Whatever you're doing, he's looking great, good job if you rescued him.

sericinda

Original Poster
Thank you! That was helpful. He was kept (at 15" long) in a 10 gallon tank on blue sand, with only a large heat rock and a regular light bulb for heat and light. Only fed crickets. I adopted him from the guy who wants another snake instead. He's in a proper setup with proper light/heat/uvb/space/tile now and I finally got him to gobble down his greens. He is verrryyyyy sweet and I'm in love!

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
OMG, he's so lucky you saved him... I just love stories like yours. You will be rewarded by his love and affection forever!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom