More roach help

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalryan1980

Hatchling Member
I bought so hiss roaches today at the expo. At the expo they looked about the right size. However when I got them home i dropped one in with my big guy and he ate it but very slowly. I then gave one to each of my mating pair. The female the smallest of my adult healthy dragons ate hers and grabbed her mates in just a couple seconds sucking up fallen legs and greens when done. We did give the male another one to be fair (they don't normally eat together) it took him for ever to eat the thing. Are they ok to give to them? I see them advertised as beardie food and the guy at the show said they where good for them. I just don't know who to believe any more even the books conterdict each other.

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
Hissers have a bit more exoskeleton than dubia, and they climb EVERYTHING with far too much ease, but I've fed Charlie nymphs when he will take them with no adverse effects. I've got Dubia now, so i'm phasing the hissers out, but they should be fine as long as they aren't too large.

crystalryan1980

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
They are about an inch and a half some maybe two. They where just a "treat" I do dubias too. But I think I will try to get these gone before they get any bigger. I only have 40 of them. I just dont want to waste them for the price.

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
If you are feeding the adults to adult dragons, I would just give one every other day for a bit and make sure they don't have trouble passing them. Other than that, they should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom