More MVB issues - UK Supplier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doddins

Hatchling Member
I recently had to buy another Megaray 100W Self Ballasted MVB from kimboreptiles (the only UK supplier for Megaray MVB)
Liz immediatantly started showing signs of health issues by being very lathergic and keeping her eyes closed all the time. I listened to the advice of everyone on here and removed the MVB bulb, replaced it with a spot light as a temporay solution and rang Kimboreptiles and explained the issue.
The customer services where very helpful and very nice. they sent me another bulb in replacement free of charge.

By this time Liz's eyes had opened and she gained her appetite back. everything seemed good!

I recieved the new light last week, Liz seemed ok until about three days ago. She has stopped eating again, gotten very lazy and has started keeping her eyes closed again. The bulb this time has started flickering and randomly turning off.

at first i assumed it was my timer on its way out but after plugging directly into the mains and the issue still continueing i put it down to the bulb its self. i replaced the fitting as well to rule that out and it still does the same.

I have since put in a formal complaint into Kimboreptiles and sent the bulbs back to them so they can test themselves.
I have been refunded but it leaves me in a bit of a pickle...do i avoid MVB's all together now? or do i go with strip UV bulbs and a basking light?

Liz's viv is 4ft x 2ft x 2ft, im not sure if the strip bulb would be too far away from Liz to be any good if i put it just behind the wooden strip at the top of the tank.

any advice or experience would be appreciated :)

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
I use the arcadia 12% bulbs and have never looked back. I was going to go into MVBs but i decided against it when i read about all these isses. I mount the bulb inside the tank, with a reflector on the back, and have a raised basking platform o make sure she gets close enough. Ive had it this way for about 3 yeas now and she happy and healthy so it must be working!

Doddins

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Is this a typical set up? or does anyone else have any other input on this?
By the way, thanks for the reply Buggsy :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, unfortunately for now, there is not much on the market until the Mercury vapor lights get fixed. There is a MVB being put out by Arcadia, surprisingly enough!
I have spoken with Frances about this bulb, & she has said she has initially tested a few prototypes of this & they tested pretty well. You might want to consider looking into that one. I don't know if Kimboreptiles supplies this bulb or not, but here is a picture of it for you:
http://www.arcadia-uk.info/product.php?pid=85&mid=12&lan=en&sub=&id=4

Other than that, the standby of the fluorescent tube bulb in combination with a bright white flood light or halogen light is a great combination. The Arcadia D3 12% or the Reptisun 10 either one are fine to use.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom