mooshuu refuses to eat his crickets:/

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgtorrice

Alright, hi everyone. My mooshuu is about 7 months old.. i THINK.hes about 17 inches, head to tail, and is very healthy. About 2 months ago he had coccidia, but we took him to the vet, go him on antibiotics and hes been fine ever since. the only problem now is that he refuses to eat his crickets! he will eat hes greens, and he will eat his pellets, but won't touch his crickets. This has been going on for about 5 days now. I'm not sure whats wrong with him:/ i have a separate tank that i feed him in. i would put him in, in, and he would FREAK OUT. and he would run and scramble and try to get out by climbing up the sides. at first i thought he was scared, so i tired to just put a couple of crickets in there at once and not 20. still, he freaked out and tried to get out. then, i thought it was too small for him. so, i put his crickets in his old 20 gallon tank, and tried that out. still no hope. he looked around and just sits there. the crickets will be right infront of him and he just ignores them. ive tried to hand feed him several times, but when they get close to his eyes, he twitches and gets scared and then tries to run away. im not really sure whats wrong with him:/ is he just going though a phase where he doesnt want to eat them anymore? is he sick of them? what else can i give him or try to give him to get some protein in him?!:/
any help would me much obliged. thankyou:)

jthmdepp

Trying ordering phoenix worms for him. My beardie stopped eating crickets and I couldn't get him to eat anything for about a week. He was averaging 2-3 crickets a day only, and he's a baby so he should be eating much more than that. I got him the phoenix worms and he absolutely loves them! It's definitely brought his appetite back. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kay.marie
Top Bottom