Moose

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Spike is his name, My 7 year old son had naming rights and that's what he chose :p

The breeder sent me some pics yesterday of my baby and I just couldnt keep him all to myself, I am so in love :blob8: He will be home on Monday, I CAN'T wait, sooooo excited!

septrandom008.jpg

His tail is in shed, isnt he a cutie?

septrandom009.jpg

septrandom010.jpg

septrandom021.jpg

Momto3boys

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks Guys, I am literally going crazy with excitement!!!

eeeeeeeeeeeeee tomorrow is going to take forever to get here, not to mention he's only going to be here at 6pm so I have to wait ALL darn day :x

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
OMG you have to wait ALL day then. We have got to find things to keep you busy. You could spend all day tweeking the cage and reading posts on here. :p Wait, that might make it worse. OK someone please give some suggestions. I have never had to wait for a beardie to arrive...not yet anyway. :D Do you know what his color morph is? I love his pattern. I know I posted it once on here already, but he is super cute! I can't wait for the "Arrival Pics" I'll be on bright and early it's a school day so I will have the house to myself tomorrow. :blob5: :blob8: If you get too bored find me, I'll keep you company while you wait.

Momto3boys

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I know I have to wait all day and I was just in tears a bit ago, I tried and tried to get ahold of the breeder yesterday but she never got back to me, I never heard anything at all from her, thought for sure she wasnt sending him today...

Thankfully I heard from her this morning bright and early and she is on her way right now dropping him off at the bus station :p sooooo excited!

I honestly dont know what he is, she got her breeders from Capitol Dragons here in Canada, they have awesome beardies! but he is just soooo cute, and you will be completly bombarded with pics once he is home!

I am off right now to finish the crix bin...I wish my roach coloney was established so I wouldnt have to bother at all with the stinky crix, but we will suffer through it, LOL

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Crix are terrible creatures aren't they? I live to hate them! We are off crix here, thank goodness! Who would have ever thought that we would want roaches in our homes! Crazy. I'm sorry you were all in a panic waiting to see if you would get you baby today, I am so glad that you are. So, how many hours until he arrives? LOL I'm sure you've got the wait caculated down to the minute. (I would) Have you got his viv all set-up and ready to go? Have you done all your temp checks and everything? Have you posted pics of his viv yet? I would love to see them. I just renovated my boys viv yesterday, ok I assisted the hubby who did most of the work. I give him a vision and he makes it happen! Anyway I hope that your day moves quickly so that you can get your little Spikey Pickle! Have you settled on that as a name? I think it is most original I really like it!

Momto3boys

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have some pics posted in another thread called "My Enclosure" I never updated the final pics, I should do that!!

He will be here is 3 hours :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: I just moved all the roaches to another bin and Im turning their bin into the crix bin since I made the whole cover a screen and there wasnt enough humidity in the roach bin so I made them a new one with less ventilation....I dont know if it will make any difference or not but I know crix need loads, blah crix!

Temps are all perfect, have been for 2 weeks or so, LOLwe've left the thermometer in there 24/7..now that he's coming home I'll be taking it out....we didnt get all the finishing touches done on the outside of the enclosure (trim to cover the screw holes) but we can do that at any time so no biggie....

And no we havent settled on that name, when Corbin (my son) went to school this morning he said he wanted to name him "Junior" when he came home this afternoon he said he had no idea, he's really stressing over this and I know he will go through a few names before settling on one, I want Spikey Pickle though :lol:

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Sounds like you're all set. I wouldn't stress on the name, it will come to you once you meet him. I can't wait to see the pics!

Momto3boys

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He's home and he is amazingly awesome!!!!

He ate 5 crix for me at supper time but then stopped, he is lovin all his stuff and climbed on all 3 things in his enclosure, LOL not shy at all!

Tonight he has stress marks so Im leaving him be for a bit, he is also shedding so tomorrow morning I will give him a bath, I am so in love it's not even funny!

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Awhh he is soo cute!!
I had to look a few times to find him in the picture of his viv, lol.
He's a looker though :)
Good job at picking him out!

Momto3boys

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Before bed last night Craig covered the vents with aluminum screening because if he could reach them he could have easily gone through, I never in a million years thought he would be this tiny!

His tail and chin are shedding, he's gonna have his first bath with me this morning :blob5: so in love!

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
He is so cute! He looks right at home in his new viv. I love all the wood in there, it's very pretty. I'm happy for you and glad that he made the trip A-OK. Congrats on the new baby. :blob5: :blob8:

Momto3boys

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks, eventually Im going to have some plants in there as well and maybe a few more rocks, looks kinda blah right now but I didnt want too much at first...

Here he is first thing this morning showing off his sexy leg...he lost that little piece of shed as soon as I picked him up :)

Picture122.jpg

Bath Time

Picture125.jpg

Picture126.jpg

Bathing is exhausting!! He was falling asleep, awwwww

Picture136.jpg

Climbing his mountain to have his nap, his favorite place!

Picture143.jpg

Momto3boys

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ohhhhh Im so proud of him, he has been spending most of his time high up on his drift wood and not basking, he hasnt pooped yet and I wanted him under his heat...

Well just a few mins ago, he climbed down his drift wood and climbed up onto his basking log and now he is sunnin....awwwwwww
Im so completly head over heals in love with this little guy....

Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tacobeardie
Top Bottom