moody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amberw87

Today when i got home I put my beardy in her bath within 2 mins she jumped up which she has never done before. I had to grab her since she is a baby and she can't get away cause I live in an old house with lots of hiding spots. I put her back in her tank and now she is sitting up with her head up as high a she can get it. And is just acting weird...what's wrong??

LJean

Extreme Poster
Do you think she ingested some water?
It is possible she just got a bit spooked.

Is she looking up at the lights or just has her head really high up?
What do her basking temps, and cool side temps look like?

amberw87

Original Poster
she is looking up at the light with her eyes squinting. the basking 85 and the cool side is about 65

LJean

Extreme Poster
What type of UVB light are you using? (brand and wattage?)

A baby dragon's basking temps should be between 105 and 110 f degrees. What are you using to take the temps with?

amberw87

Original Poster
FIEUMCYFP9CT1YO.MEDIUM.jpg
a thermoter that sticks to the wall

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
greetings~

Im not sure why your beardie is freaking out about the bath. Sometimes they jsut hate havign baths.

the ligthing you have does not have any UVB you will need to pick up eaither a Repta Sun 10. floresent tube lamp (not to be confussed with repta glo) or a Mercury vapor bulb? Pet mountain.com has the Floresent set up for pretty cheep. You will alos need to pick up a digital thermometer with a probe Stick ups can be up to 20 deg off. They have really cheep digital thermometers at walmart for about $12.

Check out the care sheets located at he top of the web page. there are very usefull tips on viv set up and beardie care.
Hope this helps!
Judah's Human

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom