Monotov's tail is black? (Picture now included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monotov

Hatchling Member
Monotov will be a 1 year old in about 2 weeks! :blob5:

She has gained quite the color, she is very sunburst like, bright yellow and orange beard, pretty dragon to say the least.
The base of her tail is bright and yellow but as it goes to the tip the tip of her tail is just super dark almost black
It has been this way for months so it isn't a shedding thing, is this normal? healthy?

Thanks.

Monotov

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Here is a picture of her:

2ilk802.jpg

I know she is in the middle of shedding right now (she just shed her stomach and her back this morning but her head still has some ways to go)

But her tail has been very dark like that for at least 3-4 months now, I don't think it is a shedding thing. I really hope it is not tail rot either. Is it just the color of her tail? What do you guys think??
Also if you guys do think it is tail rot I am willing to take her to the vet, I just don't want to have to if it ISN'T tail rot and there is nothing wrong, I'd like some opinions first.

Thanks!

Also..

So cozy after her bath!
2cfv7s9.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She really is a beautiful dragon ! I don't think it's tail rot, but if you posted a pic of her dry, and just show the tail, it's entire length, it would be easier to tell. Lot's of dragons have tails that darken as they taper toward the tail end.

Monotov

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you :) I appreciate that, i too love her colors,

I just took this picture of her tail dry
jpvnyt.jpg

More close-up so you can see it better
I appreciate all of your help

and Monotov does too!
257p2ty.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It is pretty dark, but when they have tail rot, it generally looks very dry and almost " crispy" , even skinnier and shriveled. So I don't think it's tail rot. If you do a Google search, you can find pics of tail rot, but there along with the real tail rot pics will sometimes be pics where someone is just asking if it's tail rot,[ and it's not, so you can compare] ] and some of those will link you right back here to b.d. org. threads on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom