Monotov laid eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monotov

Hatchling Member
Hello all :) Some of you remember, I opened a question about her because I thought she was impacted! With her big ole' belly hangin' out and not going for about 3-4 days straight (she eventually went as I had posted) and I had mentioned she was trying to get underneath her carpet, well, when I lifted the carpet for the weekly cleaning, there were eggs under there! A LOT of them. My fiance actually found them and he flipped out lol, unfortunately, I don't have a male, and they were obviously damaged, so we just cleaned them out and threw them away. Poor baby just wanted to be a mama! We got really scared because after the whole incident of thinking she was impacted, she all of a sudden got STICK thin, and we have been constantly feeding her but she was just so thin and we couldn't figure out why! Now we now because she got rid of all of those eggs from her belly! She is back to her normal weight as usual. But she also is getting a very fat belly just like she had before she laid eggs.. How often do they lay eggs?

Edit: Also, since she has laid her eggs she no longer has gone under the carpet, she either basks or goes to the cooler side of her tank. I know we had a discussion about it being too hot in there for the reason of why she may be getting underneath her carpet, but since she has laid those eggs, she makes no attempt to go under there, she basks when she wants to and lays on the cooler side when she wants to. :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What a surprise for you ! Be sure to feed her as much as she wants, even twice daily, with lots of calcium dusting [ once a day until you're sure she's not going to lay again, then back yo 2-3 times a week ] The average number of clutches laid in a season varies...it may be 3-4, it may be more, may be less. Some girls are egg - laying machines. Keep her well-fed +hydrated and she should be fine.

Monotov

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Exactly what I'm doing :)
I have a feeling she may be an egg laying machine... haha! Shes already got a big belly back again.. She just wants to be a mama! Haha.

annlizardlover97

Hatchling Member
Looks like ur looking at ur 2nd clutch. I was in the same predicament. Miss Fatty, so named because she's always been fat, kept getting fatter but I had no idea she was gravid. My mom was in hospital sick with cancer so I visited & stayed a week, 10 days sumthing like that. My neighbor was feeding my lizards but knew nothing about egg laying so I come home to find approx 20+ eggs squished all over cage, under rocks, trees & under her nails/claws!! I was stupefied!!! Cud not b leev it. I thot that wud b it but a month later she starts frantically digging again which I recognized as laying behavior but I knew she hadn't mated again. I came on this forum & got some great advice (thx y'all!) and found out they can lay several (up to 4/5) clutches about 3-4 weeks apart!! Again I was dumbfounded!!! Miss Fatty's mother, Bo, had laid 58 eggs in one clutch around 4 yrs ago, and Miss Fatty was from that clutch. Bo never laid another clutch after that so I guess sumtimes they might only lay one and others can lay several. Depends on the individual female I guess. But good luck with ur 2nd clutch. I had to thro all of my 1st clutch out too, as she'd lay them in her cage & they were all squished. If I'd been here I cudda saved them but at least I've got the 2nd clutch!! Let us know how things go!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom