Moldy Eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greathouseFarm

Juvie Member
Hi there everyone! I think I read everything I could get my hands on preparing for the big day but of course when it finally came I did run into a minor snag. So my big beautiful Rosie laid 17 Eggs. Two of them were obviously no good so I froze them. The rest seemed good or at least hopeful. I didn't have the perilite prepared so I did it right then and placed the eggs in and then in the incubator. They were pretty covered in dirt when I excavated them and out of fear of hurting them I just left it. Now a couple of days later some of the eggs seem to be getting a gooey film on them - not 100% sure it's mold. I am just wondering what can be done to save them? I have placed all the nice looking ones into a separate container but I am wondering if I should go ahead and try to clean the dirt off them so that it doesn't impair the oxygen exchange? Any thoughts on this are greatly appreciated. Oh yeah they do not smell good either, at least I assume its the bad eggs giving off the smell. Thanks All! It's going to be a long 60 days!

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Great, if the eggs smell then it is not a good sign! If their is some mold present then you can gently wipe it off and change the containers! If they start to changing colors then they are no good. So then you can just freeze them and toss them. If you need more help just ask! Good luck..

greathouseFarm

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply... as of yet I have not tossed any because the smell was not so apparent and I wasn't sure where it came from. The eggs have to be super white? It's so hard to tell because they are dirty but maybe I will shoot a quick pic when I get a chance... I have heard so many people say that you never know those eggs may produce healthy dragons that I am hesitant to throw any out. I don't see any mold just looks like shiny wetness or goo on some of them. So are the dented ones no good for sure because I have one that is really white but has collapsed some. Sorry for all the confusion it's just hard to tell what's happening... temp is a steady 83 and the humidity outside the container but in the incubator is 45-50... I did not put water in the bottom is that okay? Thanks in advance!

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
greathouseFarm":b6b88 said:
Thanks for the reply... as of yet I have not tossed any because the smell was not so apparent and I wasn't sure where it came from. The eggs have to be super white? It's so hard to tell because they are dirty but maybe I will shoot a quick pic when I get a chance... I have heard so many people say that you never know those eggs may produce healthy dragons that I am hesitant to throw any out. I don't see any mold just looks like shiny wetness or goo on some of them. So are the dented ones no good for sure because I have one that is really white but has collapsed some. Sorry for all the confusion it's just hard to tell what's happening... temp is a steady 83 and the humidity outside the container but in the incubator is 45-50... I did not put water in the bottom is that okay? Thanks in advance!

You need to bump up the humidity to at least 80%. So you can add water in the bottom. That is why the eggs are collapsing. Also If their is gooey stuff on the outside of the egg it means it is struggling to survive. You will be able to tell when the eggs are no good they will turn color and collapse. Pop up a picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom