Mites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
Just wondering what the signs and symptoms of Mites are. I think I may have seen something crawl down Zero's arm this morning, but I didn't see any others and it disappeared quickly. I wanna know what I should look for with Mites so I can start the battle ASAP if needed.

Thanks for any help!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Spoony....did you see what color the critter was ? Red mites are the ones most often seen on reptiles, but there are other types. A mite is of course VERY tiny, as small as a period or even smaller. They may congregate around the eyes + ears, sometimes because there is moisture around the eyes + mouth. If you do see a number of them, there are several websites to Google that can help deal with them. Melissa Kaplan has a write up about mites for one. That article covers it pretty well.

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It was definitely black and I just saw 1. I haven't noticed any large congregation of mites on him, so maybe it was just a small spider? I'll check him again when I get home, but the only red/orange I've seen on him have been his normal colorings. Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom