Missing Scales (PICTURES)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammmycakes

Hatchling Member
Hi guys! I noticed this on my beardie late last night and didn't get a chance to post. I was holding my beardie Pixel who is currently shedding her back and I noticed 3 spots that were bright white and looked as if they had no scales at all. They felt rubbery and when I was touching them Pixel seemed to jump away from me as if she was in pain.

One of the spots is bigger, above the base of her tail on her spine and has a small red dot in the center of it and is possibly slightly raised. another spot was lower on her tail and almost looked indented like a chunk of her was missing. She also had one on her knee where there was still skin peeling off and it almost felt sticky or greasy?

I'm going to try to get her into the vet when I get home from work around noon but I'm wondering if any of you have every seen or heard of this?

sammmycakes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster

this is the best picture I could get. Pixel is a very aggressive little girl due to a past injury. The left side (in the picture) near the top where shes missing spikes is where she was previously bitten. Since then she has never really shed properly.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hmmmm...right now it just looks like shed coming off everywhere. I can't see anything that looks dangerous. Sometimes an area that had trauma [ like the area that was bitten ] will look a tad bit stranger than the rest....but I can't see anything worrisome there.

sammmycakes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Here is a closeup I got of the weird gooey looking spots.

I've never seen these before that's why I'm worried :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That does look odd. And is she totally dry in that pic ? She wasn't just holding water after a bath ? You might have a vet look, if that's the way it is when she's dried off.

sammmycakes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yes she's completely dry.

I'm going to make an appt with my vet as soon as i can. we're snowed in today otherwise I'd go today.

sammmycakes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Pixel has a bad case of yellow fungus. These gooey sores are the infection coming out from the inside. :(

Reptiles4Life

Sub-Adult Member
I am so sorry is that fungus treatable i know that your dealing wish hugs gone i rally don't want you to loose another pet i know how you feel bout hugs and tugs though i heard keep your beardie away from all other pets of yours cause my dad has a background in biology and he said fungus spores spread like wildfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom