missing scales, just checking Venus is ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hello all
ok i bought Venus privately from someone advertising her in our local reptile place as they no longer had time for her, i got her last year august ive always known she was missing some little spikes along the top part of her head and shes always had a funny patch just below those missing spikes like shes missing scales, i know she used to be housed with a male who the previous owner bred them too early, then the male kept attacking her so im presuming this is how shes missing spikes and scales from him biting her neck. however its only been recently that ive noticed that that part is very soft, definitely no scales there and its a yellow colour, (now her colouring is yellow and white anyway) but i just wanted some experienced eyes having a look just to let me know that its ok and not something like an infection or yellow fungus or something. i was bathing her today and was stroking her head and noticed a few of the smaller scales within the 'bald' bit felt like they were going to fall off? yikes. probably me being over paranoid, had some alarming scares with a few of my reptiles the last few months and some huge vet bills so just wanted to double check.

ok the pictures. oh by the way these pictures do not do her nice bright colour any justice, also she was in the bath when these were took and she hates baths so wasnt her brightest in general.
in the first pic you can clearly see (i hope) the yellow part that i mean, you can see the spikes missing just above the yellow part.
venus25mar093.jpg

you can see the spikes missing more clearer in this one i think
venus25mar092.jpg

now in this pic you can see the other side has a yellow colour also and i believe she seems to have some missing scales here too.
venus25mar09.jpg

now this is my boy, mischief, he too has yellow colouring in this part but he has all his scales and all his spikes so this is why im thinking it is normal and its just where Venus was injured that she missing spikes and scales? so back to basic questions after this essay, is the yellow ok and if any of the smaller scales within the yellow bald bit (dunno what else to call it, sorry) fall off is this ok or is there a problem. any input would be great.
thank you!
oh of course, Mischief
mischief25mar09.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Anny,

It appears that she is missing some scales from previous care. It looks ok though, as it has healed up now. I have seen dragons who have missing scales on other parts of their body, but it doesn't affect them in the least.
She is still beautiful though! :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom