Missing my beardies while at work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
I know I am a beardie addict because everyday as I sit at work, all I do is think about what they are doing at home.. I can't wait to get home to them everyday and see what presents they have left me.. or what of their greens they ate.. Is it just me? Or are we all hopeless beardie addicts on here?

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
:laughhard:

I keep trying to think of excuses to take Wave to class with me. "Well, we're studying elements, since this is chemistry, and she has to get certain amounts of certain elements, sooooo..."

Maybe when I get to biology in the fall. :wink: "Look, she has cells! And enzymes and... stuff! Yeah."

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Oh, I have brought them to work!! Told my boss they had vet visits right after work :lol:

So, I have brought them a total of about 4 times.. until my boss starting wondering what was wrong with them that they had to go to the vet so much.. :roll:

Prouddragonmama

Juvie Member
Ha ha yes. I'm mostly a stay at home mom but volunteer 4 hrs a week and wrk 2 hrs a day. And feeling guilty those times cause he hates having poo in his viv! Doesn't matter how starving I a
His viv gets cleaned before I eat lol

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
I know the feeling- i die to get home to see mine. I would love to take mine to work but i teach 4-5 year olds in an open plan classroom- thats 60 kids and they are NOISY!! I talk about her to the kids at school but my response is usually a sea of blank, uninterested faces :roll: . Plus can't imagine lugging the cage to work. She was at the vets recently and away for 4 nights- it was the longest 4 days of my life :shock:

NomadUK

I am currently researching cameras at the moment to stream to my website.. was a little unsure about using nightvision because of the UV.. do you think it may disturb the dragons?

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
I work at home, so dont have to miss them then, but we do set up a web cam when we go on vacation, and I check in on them all of the time. I dont have any way to see them when it is lights out though.

Puff2011

OMG! Beardie webcam! Why did I not think of that? I miss mine like crazy while I'm at work too. I try to control my talking about them because my coworkers truly have NO INTEREST (or understanding) of my beardie obsession. I talk about them anyways sometimes because, well, I don't care about their children and I have to listen. Haha :lol:

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Puff2011":47cex8df said:
OMG! Beardie webcam! Why did I not think of that? I miss mine like crazy while I'm at work too. I try to control my talking about them because my coworkers truly have NO INTEREST (or understanding) of my beardie obsession. I talk about them anyways sometimes because, well, I don't care about their children and I have to listen. Haha :lol:

hahaha thats exactly my scenario at work ...when they talk about their children I like to pitch in with news about Terri- they don't seem to understand Terri is my child to me- so she might not have curly blonde hair and say 'mama' but hey who's to judge .... :lol:

sheri85

Juvie Member
right now i'm sort of working at home so i don't have too many opportunities to miss Archer. i do have an incredible urge to show him to other people though, and will often walk around my apartment complex with him on my shoulder (he's still small though, so doesn't attract as much attention as i would like). i want to plan a trip to my parents' house so i can show him off to more relatives :D

Puff2011":uck7u1yr said:

:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

omg seriously. i'm always self conscious when i start uncontrollably rambling about my pets. people sometimes forgive my talking about my cat, but they get a little weird when i go on and on about my turtle and beardie. BUT THEY'RE SO AMAZING! and i'm also one of those people who doesn't care for someone talking about their kids. but i love when other people tell me about their animals lol. at least then i can feel less bad about telling them all about my pets.

and i told my mom that Archer totally counts as a grandchild because she never specified that i had to have a human baby! she's being a little more clear with my brother, so ha, i'm off the hook!

vince66mphs

lauraj1055":21q35o29 said:
vince66mphs":21q35o29 said:
I set up a webcam and watch Siggy on Ustream :roll:

Wow.. Never thought of that :D
I can't take credit for the idea. Someone here was doing it (I noticed the link in their sig) and I thought it was a great idea. Did it mostly for my girlfriend, but then they blocked Ustream for her at work. Trying to come up with another solution for her.

I also use "virtual cable" (I think it's called) as the audio input so I can set my MP3 player on the PC to random and listen to my tunes with my ear buds too :D

Denduran87

Juvie Member
I am the same way laura i work 10 hour days and the only thing i want to do is be home, my wife on the otherhand is a stay at home mom and gets to visit with my beardie all day although she doesn't feel comfortable around him yet but she is getting there. Last night they really got close when she fed him some baby food squash off a spoon. He loved it and she thought it was pretty neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom