Missing Claws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimias

So my beardie is a baby, apparently between 4-6 weeks old. One his back right foot he seems to be missing all of his claws. Apparently the people who bred him didn't dust their food and his siblings began nipping at each other. I was wondering if there is any chance he may grow back this missing fingers or if Malice is doomed to live out the rest of his life as a gimp.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Personally, I think it depends. Goldie Speedy had two claws that were gone, this happened about one year ago, more or less. I'm not sure how that happened. It's the middle claw on both front claws. Her right claw started growing back almost immediately. The left claw didn't grow back at all until about 3 or 4 months ago or so. I didn't think that claw would grow back but it is. Even the right one isn't at full size yet, maybe 1/2 size but the left one is about 1/4 the normal size. I have read about some that never grow back.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Malibu lost a claw hanging off the slider screen lsat summer...no blood or any thing just gone n never grew back.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
When I got Brady, he was missing his nail, and it did grow back. But if it is toes, etc, they do not grow back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom