Misses one and gives up

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyDragon89

My beardy eats his crickets fine, but once he misses one it's as if he gets upset about it and gives up, is this normal or should i be worried? He eats worms out my hand fine too. He has recently been recieving injections for a bitten leg and it's been a week since the last injection and the vet said he should be alright i just have to keep an eye on it. He's in a vivarium of his own. He is eating more and more everyday but still not too keen on his veggies. He is about 4 months old now.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Maybe he is just an overly sensitive dragon. ;) Gets upset easy. :D

Not really sure. But if his eating is picking up daily, maybe soon he will be chasing them down and eating you out of house and home. Hope it's soon! Was it an antibiotic he was on? Many people use a probiotic when using antibiotics to help with good gut flora (I even use it with my dogs if they are on one). It may help him pick up his appetite.

AmyDragon89

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply, i hope so too! He has actually been chasing them all over the place but once he misses one thats it he wont eat anymore. Yeah it was an antibiotic, i'll see how it goes, i just fed him now he was doing well till he missed again and gave up :(
I just cleaned everything in the vivarium with boiling water as i feel weird doing with bleach. All nice and fresh now anyway.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Hey there,

Wanted to say, that our dragon does this as well. It's like she gets discouraged, and gives up. However, there are some days (not as often), when it makes her plain mad, and she'll go after that particular cricket with a vengeance, but mostly, it's the scenario you described. *sigh* Once one (or two) gets away, she gives me the "can I have my worms now?" look. That said, it's not surprising that she prefers her wiggly phoenix worms as her main staple... wiggly yes, but contained, easy prey. :twisted:

Hope this helps. Maybe our dragons are little performance sensitive? :wink:

The best,
Em

Stac561

My guy does this too, it's like he gets mad and then goes and pouts on his basking tree watching the rest of the little evils running around his viv. He'll grab them after that if they run in front of him but I give him about 30 minutes after he's had his little temper tantrum then remove the rest of the crickets :lol:

Theresa20

Hatchling Member
Mine does this too! Tries to catch one, if it runs away, he gives up and moves on to whichever one is closer to him.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Theresa20":5107a said:
Mine does this too! Tries to catch one, if it runs away, he gives up and moves on to whichever one is closer to him.

Well, at least he still continues on eating. :mrgreen: Our dragon missed her first one today and though, "Ugh." But, she ended up doing the thing where she goes after that particular one with a vengeance. Atta girl. I swear, since we've had her under the MVB, she's much more aggressive with the crickets, however she still won't eat more than 10 in a sitting. Prefers her little phoenix worms. :p

AmyDragon89

Original Poster
Haha, thanks for all the replys put my mind at ease :D
He's getting better i think and he's doubled his weight since the first vet visit.
There was a shortage of worms yesterday apparently! took me forever to find a shop with some in.

sandyvern

Hatchling Member
My babies do that as well. Even with the phoenix worms as well. It is weird...some days they get discouraged when they miss one and will then go on their branch and just watch them...and some days they get more aggressive. Apparently they have mood swings too :D

erdeem

Hatchling Member
:p So... not only my Bill who has mood swing... :lol:
Sometime she just to busy looking at the crix.... her head turn left and right many times to find which crix she should eat. So funny!

Theresa20

Hatchling Member
erdeem":75151 said:
:p So... not only my Bill who has mood swing... :lol:
Sometime she just to busy looking at the crix.... her head turn left and right many times to find which crix she should eat. So funny!

Ahaha! Spike does that too!! There are too many at once and he's just TOO excited!! Can't decide which way to go first!! He'll spin around in circles sometimes trying to make up his mind which cricket will be the tastiest.

Bottom line, these guys are just plain cool to feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom