Minor prolapse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was giving my beardie a bath and he ended up taking a big poop, afterwards he had a minor prolapse where it looked like his insides slightly came out of the corners of his vent. So I very gently kind of wiggled my finger and very slightly pushed on it and it just ended up going back in on it's own. Should I just keep an eye on him and see how it goes or should I take him to a vet?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there.....was it a red tissue ? Have you always watched when he poos, and this seemed different to you , or did you just happen to be watching this time ? It's most likely nothing harmful, but keep an eye on it. If you saw a slight pointy tissue at the side of his vent it may have been a hemi pene [ one of his sex organs ] This does happen at times but is not anything to worry about unless it does not retract. Sometimes a sperm plug may pop out , but these are a tan/yellowish looking thing. [ Google bearded dragon sperm plug for pics ] A vet can't do anything for an " almost prolapse , " but some things you can do are to make sure the prey items he eats aren't too large, make sure he stays hydrated, has good calcium supplementation, but not so much that it causes hard urates, and you can always have a fecal test done to rule out high numbers of parasites. But he should be fine. :)

thegame345

Original Poster
No I normally don't get to see him do his business so I'm not sure if it's a common thing. I googled that sperm plug and it didn't look like that. It was red in color. It exited perhaps a 16th of an inch in the corners id even. It went back in easily so I'm not sure if it was normal or not. It was a larger than usual poop so that likely had something to do with it

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It sounds like he everted a hemi pene slightly as he was doing his business, but he should be fine. Just be sure to take the precautions that I mentioned, but he should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom