**MILLY'S 1ST CLUTCH OF EGGS WITH PICS**3rd UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllasMummy

HI guys im a new member to the site, thou i have been looking on here on the tatty and popcorn thread since back in december. I have 3 beardies, 1 female thats 19m and 1 male also 19m both cirtus and another male 8m sandfire red .Our 19m pair milly and tilly produced thier first clutch of 18 back on 13th Jan making them 52 days old today we have 11 left. A few days ago we noticed them going a bit funny almost mbit sweaty and gray looking basicly we thought the were all dying if not dead. When candled only a couple had movement that we could see well. So were thought it was game over. She produced a second clutch of 14 on16th feb and they are all growing really well. At the beginning we were caught off gaurd and basicly the day we thought their was somehting wrong we took her to out rep house and that night say lay. We were in middle of moving house no funds for incubator. So we had them in viv with them but in a separte box. They have been in their new herp incubator now for around 2 wks we couldnt control the temp very well in viv so decided this was the forward. Now today we got up and found 1 of the egg's has a head out??? it take's a breath every now and then and since then it now has a little more of its neck out.

I've tried to get as much info off tatty and popcorn thread that i can so here's whats left?

My questions are as follows....

1. how long does it take for them to come compleatly out of the egg's? This one looks like its asleep??

2. Will the all start to hatch today?

3. Are they not to early to be hatching?

4. I noticed in popcorn adn Tatty thread, on the pics of the egg's hathcing they ar in a tub with no substrate?? we have our in incubator exactly the same as they've always been since milly lay them... DO I NEED TO TAKE THEM OUT?? and put them in a diff tub with nothing in??

Really look forward to your reply's and advice.

Thanks again emma.

Oh here's a pic of no1 so far xxx

100_1806.jpg

**UPDATE WHILST I WAS WRITTING THE ABOVE I WENT TO CHECK EGGS AFTER IT AND WOOHOO THE BABY WAS OUT**
100_1807.jpg

100_1809.jpg

were tempory calling this on jasper til it finds it new home. its manged to get all the other to the corner and go to sleep bless xx

100_1810.jpg

Aww how cute is this xx

100_1811.jpg

Put it in this tub back in incubator?? is THIS OK???

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
Your going to want to keep that warm and moist. I would probably but that container in the incubator with the paper towel wet. Just to keep the egg sak moist. That is a lot of egg sak left.

EllasMummy

Original Poster
Ok so i have her, in a little see through tub. Ive lined it with paper towel which is moist. Do i keep wetting this or do i have to spray her?? Were totally new to this and dont have a 2nd viv set up for these lil babie's am i right in thinking i have around 48hrs before they should be taken out of incubator and into the viv??

Also any idea's on size i should be buying, Going to shop in around half hour, suppose all i'll be using this viv for is breeding? but i have the 2nd clutch due mid april so can i use same viv when they hatch can both clutch's be kept together or will they eat each other?

Quite excited we havnt done this to make money just as a hobby basicly.

Any more advice is very welcome as im a compleat novice xxx

Quest

i would keep the babies in the incubator until you see that the egg sack or umbilical-cord is completely detach form the baby, then after that get a 10 gal tank and put form 7 to 10 babies in it also make sure not to put you 2nd clutch with your fist in the same tank, the bigger babies will nip on the little ones keep that in mind, they sell the 10 gal tanks at wal-mart for about 10 dollars or so. you can get 2 10 gal tanks put them side by side, get a 18 inch uvb litgth and share it between both of them that will save you some money, and of course you need 2 heat lamp. if yo got any other Questions let me know

EllasMummy

Original Poster
BUMP....

NO more hatching yet, egg sac is half the size now and Jasper is moving about very well xxx no denting or anything bit worried xx

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
Nice job, actually I would call this little guy "premature" as the yokes are usually 1/3 that size if not already absorbed by the time the babies leave the egg. And the fact that your other eggs have not collapsed yet tell me that this little guy is lucky since your other eggs still might be 3-7 days away from hatching!

Just like Ernie said, keep the incubator humidity high and keep that yoke sac moist. Paper towels work best, so your on the right track, your doing great! Keep up the good work and keep us posted!

Anthony

EllasMummy

Original Poster
HI guys,

Well today i was bit worried as a few people have told me milly's egg's are a little early and that jaspers egg sac was a big. Now this morning it was much smaller id say about 1/3 of the size and fell off. Jasper is active and be is very happy to looked at.

Went to reptile house today to get some bits cric for this lil one, with no sign of any more egg's hatching the were all plump but few had gray patches on so was bit worried about those. Shop guy said 52 days which is what they were yesterday is bit early and dont expect anything else til later in the week.

So we come home now went to check on Jasper and 2 more egg's have heads poking out their was no dinting or anything 5 hrs ago. OMG SO SHOCKED. not what we expected at all.

I've included some pic's? one's of egg's before hand and then some pics of the new babies head out....

Still looking for any advice that can be given. Picking up the viv tomoro... so im wondering do i put them all in viv tomoro or one by one when they each hit 24hrs-30hrs? how do i know which one is which, i mean these 2 im assuming will have thier egg sac's so i'll b able to tell apart from jasper.

What do u mark them with as we want to keep jasper?? any idea's what to use?? Also bought some greens when do u start with these?

100_1809-2.jpg

100_1817.jpg

jasper at lunch time his yolk sac next to him!
100_1828.jpg

View of the egg's any idea's why that big one is going funny??
100_1832.jpg

100_1836.jpg

100_1835.jpg

MILLY ON TOP TILLY ON BOTTOM THIS IS A PIC FROM ABOUT 6M AGO
mypics423.jpg

JubJubLizard

Hatchling Member
Oh man they are all so cute!! I can't believe how well Jasper is doing and so quickly :) They just know when it's their time to show their little faces :) I'm betting on the next one being the bottom right corner (lets see if I'm right lol) So your eggs are not collapsing prior to hatching or sweating.That is interesting....thanks for the update and pics they are wonderful!! :blob5: :blob8:

EllasMummy

Original Poster
Well im just home from being out for dinner. No change just yet still just heads and necks out been around 6hrs so far. well 6 hrs from when we noticed. so they'll prob venture out over night. Jasper is up and about, we have a herp2 nursery incubator and he's in his tub looking out through the door lol. xxx

EllasMummy

Original Poster
Morning everyone,

Well what a busy night my lil egg's hav had. when i got up this morning. 2 had came out of the shell and were lay ontop of another egg that was turned over on his back with only his legs and tail out and it looked dead so i dont the unthinkable and took it out. its breathing ok just nackered. Now their was another one out that had only made it out of the egg but its yolk sac was still in the egg and looked stuck? so i took it out and omg the if you thought jasper's was big this one is huge bigger than her head. So bit worried about that one. 2 more have thier heads out. so only 3 more to break out.

Here's some pic's

100_1838.jpg

100_1839.jpg

100_1845.jpg

100_1846.jpg

100_1840.jpg

JubJubLizard

Hatchling Member
There are no words for how cute those little ones are........the different collors on each along with the patterns too cute! How is the one with the egg sack today? Thanks for the updates on all of these precious little lives :blob5: :blob8:

EllasMummy

Original Poster
This is our special one, it is moving about a little bit but im really worried about it. any idea's anyone?? 3 more still to come.

100_1865.jpg

Pic's of Jasper and Milly....

100_1917.jpg

Newbie.....

100_1866.jpg

Jasper and no2 in thier new viv...

100_1868.jpg

Milly and Tilly... any idea's on thier colour would you say normal.....

100_1853.jpg

Kagome100

Juvie Member
I think normal would be more dark than theres but you never know. The babies are SO CUTE. I can't wait for my girl to lay her eggs :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom