MILESTONE!!Happy Anniversary with us, Rosie

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are celebrating a milestone today! Exactly two years ago today we got Goldie (first named Speedy Gonzales and Bill still calles her Speedy). A nice lady named Mary gave her to us because her son wasn't taking care of her (they called her a 'him')and she wasn't eating (no uvb).
Here's a couple of pics of her a day before she was to given us. The first 4 pics aren't that good as they were taken with my 1.3 mega pixel camera phone (the only digital we had at that time.
goldie3.jpg

Goldie4.jpg

These two are of her the first night we got her.
Goldie2.jpg

goldienewbabydragon.jpg

Here's one of her just a month later one 9/25/08
SpeedySleep092508.jpg

This one is in the 2010 calendar for the month of June (calendar A, I believe).
P1000159.jpg

Here is some recent (in the last month or so) pics
P1010591.jpg

P1010592.jpg

P1010594.jpg

We are soo glad we have you Goldie and hope it's many more years.
And before you as, no we didn't give her anything special for her 'anniversary' with us. I did offer her some butterworms we purchased a week ago but she didn't seem to want to eat much today. I think they know winter is comming as are gearing up for it.

She is sitting on my shoulder by herself tonight, tho as we left Rosie in bed.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow Lori, Goldie looks great! She is the picture of health. It is amazing how fast they can grow and fill out, isn't it? I love the picture of both of them on the rock and her in the pond, so sweet. :p

I know this feels like a huge milestone for you since it's been 2 yrs but we know that she will be with you many more years to come. Congratulations to all of you. :D

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks, Diane. I'm beginning to believe we will, tho I still worry about loosing her. She has lost 3 nails in the last year. Two of them have/are growing back. The third was a recent (within the last two months) loss. This is causing her to slip off my shoulder. She has slipped about 5 times in the last hour of sitting in this chair. This makes me keep her leash on most of the time and I'm thinking of doing that with her inside. We've never experienced a beardie loosing it's nails that easily before and Goldie and Rosie are our 5th and 6th beardies since Thanksgiving of 04.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Happy Anniversary!
She sure has grown into one beautiful big girl. :love5:
I agree with Diane and Katrina I love the pic of both of them on the rock it was a great calendar shot. :wink:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Lori! You have a thread! :shock:

It's so nice to see your babies. They look wonderful. I also love that calendar pic of them on the rock. They look so happy and healthy! :wink:

Happy 2 year anniversary with Goldie. As Diane said... you will have many more to come, for sure!

Thanks for sharing the pics! :D

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Happy Anniversary, Goldie!!!!!
I'm so glad you found Lori and her family, and hope you will celebrate many more years together!!!!!
:love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Yes, Dawn, I have a thread! I'm glad you liked the pic of them on the rock. Bill took that pic. He takes very good pics. That pic made a full page. He has some that he thinks are as good for this next year's calendar.

I will try to keep this going because in about one month we will have another milestone with Rosie. I will post some pics of her when we first got her. I have the cutest pic of her sitting on my hand, her whole body took up the length of my 4 fingers with her front claws perched on my index finger. She always seems to like being held. When I pick her up and hold her near my face to talk to her she leans toward my shoulder or wraps her front claws around part of my face.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Here is another milestone. Tomorrow am we celebrate 2 years with Rosie. Because of her lack of a good appetite when we got her, we weren't sure how long she'd be with us. Tomorrow it is 2 years.

Here is a couple of early pics of her a day or two after we got her:
new92828one.jpg

It was fun to watch her go after those crickets, 8 or 9 every other day is all she'd eat.
P1010833.jpg

Here's her on our dish network remote a day after we got her
newgirlonremote.jpg

Two months later
Zoominremote112808.jpg

On Labor Day, 2010
P1010686.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks, Barb. If Rosie was awake, she'd thank you too. She was gotten up by Bill just after noon and she crawled under the wooden hide thingy that we got with the 2nd 40 breeder we purchased awhile back within an hour. Bill said her eyes were slits when he got her up. He's worried that she needs to eat. I don't know whether to get her up or not.

It's funny, she turned 2 about 3+ months ago. I wasn't sure if she'd be here this long as her appetite, 2 years ago, was negligable. She would eat 8 or 9 crickets every 2 days. She ate 22 crickets in one day, once.

Lori

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, another great milestone! Congratulations and Happy 2nd Anniversary Rosie. Lori, you and Bill must be SO proud. :p She is a beautiful girl and the picture of health, great job! :notworthy:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank you, Diane. I thank the Lord for that as she doesn't have much of an appetite, except for superworms. We tried to feed her greens today, she ate one small piece of collard and 6 superworms, yet she seems to like to sleep in. She slept all day Saturday, all Sunday morning and Monday (yesterday) she was awake for all of 1.5 hours.

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Goldie and Rosie both look great!!!! Isn't it amazing what love will do!!!!! Once they know they are precious to someone, they just thrive!!!! Congratulations on two great anniversaries!!!!! Kiera sends the girls her love and hugs!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom