Microsuperworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys!

So I've been thinking about getting some microsupers for my juvies both 5 months. Around 10 and 12 inches. I was thinking about using them when I get a dubia colony so I don't have to distrub the dubia right away. Would you say microsupers are a good staple? And how many worms a day would be good? Also, do you need to feed them and what do you store them in (I don't want them to grow, I want the worms to stay small). Reptiworms are starting to get really expensive :roll: Thanks!

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Micro superworms are the smallest things you will ever NOT see, almost non existent.. LOL At your dragons age, get the smalls..they are still really small but at least you can see them. I fed Phred small supers starting at 5 months old.. he would eat 50 in a sitting. I never had a problem with him whats so ever.. Just make sure you dust them..

Oh, and I keep mine in just plain bran flake cereal... Every once in a while I will throw in a piece of apple, or a piece of squash.. Just make sure to remove if anything is left of it, the next day so it doesn't get moldy... You can also keep them in oatmeal.

They are very hardy and live forever..Don't put them in the fridge. I keep mine in a rubbermaid square container with a few holes poked in the cover.. I have had some for over 4 months now!

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh okay! Thanks! Do I need to feed them off slowly in the beginning because of impaction risks etc. ?

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Start off slowly for the first week.. Do like 10 supers a day... If they eat too many too fast they may vomit them up... so 10 is good to start with

Then the next week I would up it to about 15 per feeding...

Then once they are handling them fine, you can bump it up even more... Like I said my Phred could eat 50 - 60 small ones in one sitting when he was 5 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom