Mice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyBilbo

Hatchling Member
just a quick one, mice!

I know some people feed mice as a treat and I have seen it should be a rare treat, can some one define RARE to me, are we talking 1 a week/2 weeks/3 weeks/ 1 month?

reason I ask is I am picking up my royal python next week and I was thinking on the feeds she does not take I can give it to Bilbo rather than wasting them, its that or give it to the next doors cat lol

and of course this would only be until she is on mice to big for Bilbo...

KRayne

Hatchling Member
I've heard that you should only feed your Beardie day old mice after they lay a clutch of fertile eggs and may possibly be laying another clutch. The mice helps give them a boost and recover. Even then, they should only get one a week.

MyBilbo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have seen some pretty grim videos on face-tube of beardies, eating live mice, it's wrong man!

I may just give them to the cat lol

Giving them to the roaches is an idea, but won't that stink?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
MyBilbo":3t81qvh6 said:
I have seen some pretty grim videos on face-tube of beardies, eating live mice, it's wrong man!

I may just give them to the cat lol

Giving them to the roaches is an idea, but won't that stink?

Yeah, I'm not convinced they are healthy or worth feeding to dragons anyway.

My roaches love them, 2-3 frozen/thawed fuzzies get eaten in a matter of hours bones and all. It probably depends on the size of your colony. I don't offer them regularly but our hognose snake can be fussy. Before I would just flush them down the toilet.

MyBilbo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thinking to give the to the cat now.

I am also picking up a sand boa around Christmas but I believe they are not so fussy and usually take when offered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom