Mesclun Mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrael

Juvie Member
Anyone else use the Mesclun salad mix? I'm just not sure if the oak leaf is ok for beardies. Not from the tree, it's a type of lettuce that's in the shape of an oak leaf. I figure since it's in the lettuce family, it should be fine. Just was curious. (Yeah, I'm a paranoid beardie mama)

Here's a pic of the oak leaf lettuce:
2_121014.jpg

Here's what the mix looks like:
mesclun.jpg

But otherwise, it's pretty convenient. And the roaches adore it (they never leave even a piece of it). I enjoy it quite a bit as well. (I'd recommend having some if you enjoy salads.)

It seems like it would be a good quick salad for those without much time to chop greens everyday. Seems that most supermarkets carry a mix of it. It has a LOT of variety and it keeps for about 5 days.

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
I use it sometimes. Generally in conjunction with mustard greens or collards. Mesclun is still lettuce and doesn't have the same vitamins as bitter greens. My crix love mesclun, but they rarely get it. I usually eat up all myself! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom