Mega-Ray Solar Raptor *pics included :)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys just wanted to share some news. I recently (about two months ago) purchased a Mega-Ray Solar Raptor 100W for my bearded dragon. It was literally done wonders for my beardie. His color went from dark brown to a beautiful goldish color and his head sometimes yellow. He also seems a lot happier. I hardly see stress marks anymore.

His energy levels went WAY up. He went from sleeping until I moved him in the morning to as soon as I turn his lights on he is at the front of the cage scratching making sure I'm out of bed!

With a 100W lamp I have his basking spot about 17" from it.

Has anyone else had good experiences recently with this brand of lamp?

I also bought a PowerSun 100W MVB for my other beardie. It has done great for him as well. ....It's great whenever he isn't being mean and black bearding his head color is gorgeous. He has a bright orange all around his ears.

IMG_0439.jpg

That is Dizaster and a good view of his color.

Here Dizaster is again with his cute face. He is the one with the Mega Ray light
IMG_0420copy.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

This is Dip. he has the Power Sun light. His eyes are closed only b/c I had the camera in his face.. and he is always a little dark b/c he has a bad attitude. But you can see his orange in his beard.

w0554096

Juvie Member
they're beautiful! :)
Where did you get your bulb from? I've got a new beardie who I'm trying to rejuvinate, and would love to try it out.

lizwithlizards89

Original Poster
Thank You!
What size cage/viv do you have?

This is the link were I ordered by Mega-Ray from. It was actually cheaper than the PowerSun I bought from Pet Mountain. This link will take you straight to the MegaRay 100W Bulb page I ordered from.
http://www.reptileuv.com/megaray-sb-100-watt-self-ballasted-flood-uvb-lamp.php
If that doesn't work the web site is reptileuv.com :)

For the fixture, I just use a deep dome one from PetCo.

This is what the box will look like...
http://www.reptileuv.com/images/econlux/solar-raptor-reptileuv-160w-stock.jpg

w0554096

Juvie Member
I've got him in a temporary 30 gallon right now while we build our vivs. I've been looking around for where to get the the best lights for both my dragons once they're in their new enclosures, but alot of places don't seem to ship to Canada!
Luckily, the site you gave me does. :D
Do they really last 18+ months? Because alot of the other uv bulbs say that as well, but it's recommended to changed them after 6 months...
What do you do personally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom