**Mega Ray Issues** / Megaray RECALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I am going to say yes, it is safe. The bulbs that were having the issues and had been recalled did not come out until October '09.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Thanks again John.
We know you are doing the best you can with the situation at hand and yes I agree you are doing ALOT more then some competitors would if in the same situation.

mustnggt

Im having the same problem again with my replacement i recieved tuesday. Both of my BDs are now keeping their eyes closed just like last time. I put the solarglo back in again. Has anybody else had any problems with their replacement?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
mustnggt":pog57ovv said:
Im having the same problem again with my replacement i recieved tuesday. Both of my BDs are now keeping their eyes closed just like last time. I put the solarglo back in again. Has anybody else had any problems with their replacement?
Oh no... I am sorry to hear this. My beardie is doing fine under her replacement.
What watt Megaray do you have and what is the distance between the bulb and your beardies?

mustnggt

No I didnt know anything about a burn in period until i started having more probems. It is the 100w sb and i have 16 inches from the bulb to the bds.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Ok I just want to show people the difference between a bad Megaray and a good one. This is the problem I was having. This is Gizmo and noting else changed in the lighting except the New Mega and the old one. He has been under it now for 3 days and everything is fine so far. I just want to reassure the people using the Megas that they are not all bad. Remember you need to have at least a 3-4 day burn in period.

This was Gizmo under the old Megaray, notice the difference in coloring? It had a yellowish tint to it.
IMG_2162.jpg

This is Gizmo now under the new Megaray. Again nothing changed except for the Megarays.
IMG_2161.jpg

JMWolff12

mustnggt":1w7xzga5 said:

I have to say I am completely shocked. We have shipped hundreds of these newly modified bulbs out at this point, and this is the first I am hearing of any issues. These bulbs, as you know from previous posts, are going through multiple phases of testing, typically being tested at least 2 to 4 times before they are even allowed on the market. I can accept the bulb back for testing to ensure it does fall in the range it should, but there should be no reason anyones animals should have this reaction to the newly modified bulbs. As always, my email is the best way to contact me. [email protected]

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
Have a new megaray ordered a few days ago. I'll post on here if everything is not all well. I expect it will be fine though :mrgreen:

MontysMom

I haven't posted in ages, which is a good thing for me cuz I only posted when I had issues with my little man.

I FINALLY got a new Mega-Ray bulb that actually WORKED just this week. I had had a T-Rex for a year before that and it was great - turned out to be a godsend for my beardie, Monty.

I had ordered a Mega Ray to have as a replacement way back in early '09. When it came time to replace my T-Rex (this year in January), I screwed the MegaRay in and it burnt out immediately (like within 1 second). I contacted Jordan Batten at Westron of Canada, and she agreed to replace it if i sent it back. Well, $10 in shipping and 2 weeks later, I get a replacement, and it too burns out almost right away. !!!!!!!!! So I contact her again (at this point I'm pretty mad but i try to keep my cool), and she apologizes and agrees to send another one free of charge, giving me her UPS account # to send this bulb back.
I get my new one this past week, it works, all seems well, until today - my Monty is keeping his left eye shut. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am at my wit's end. John, are you in the States or in Canada? Are you familiar with Westron of Canada? They told me they also manufacture the T-Rex, so it's not like i can even switch companies and be sure it'll solve the problem!!

What am I supposed to do? :(

JMWolff12

Well, there are a couple issues I have with this. Not with you, but with the situation. One, it sounds as though you bought the bulb directly from Westron, which they should not be doing with our bulb. Two, they are very aware of the situation with the bulbs, as we made them aware of it. But to my knowledge they are not applying the same fix to the bulbs we are, which would be why you are having issues. I will address those two problems with the owner tomorrow. If you can email me directly, at [email protected], I will work on getting a new, safe bulb on the way to you as quickly as I can.

I am sorry this happened to you. It upsets me on more levels than I can name. The fact that they are selling OUR bulb upsets me. The fact that they did not make sure it was safe, and have hurt your animal upsets me even more. Again, I will speak with the owner about this first thing tomorrow, and see what we can do to address this with Westron. Please do email me directly so that we can discuss this further.

John Wolff

sparky5969

Hatchling Member
Hi John, I have been using your bulbs since day one and all your doing to correct this problem shows how dedicated you are to ensuring the quality of life of the animals that use it. I am lucky and have not had any issues with the bulbs I had purchased but just wanted to say that I commend you for everything you have done and are doing to ensure the best lighting for our reptiles. I know you have been swamped trying to get the situation fixed but was just wondering if you have an idea when we might be able to purchase bulbs again as it is getting close for me to replace the bulbs I currently have. Thanks again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom