Meet Tikvah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Tikvah - or Tiki for short. Tikvah is Hebrew for "hope", as in we hope she has an awesome life. She's a rescue dragon, around a year old - if that. She enjoys spending her days gazing out the window.

She also enjoys having her claws filed so she doesn't get stuck on Mommy and Daddy's clothes.

She'll also just sit on the sofa and watch Jurassic Park, wondering if she's somehow related to the T-Rex...

I had NO CLUE what to do with her, and how much knowledge goes into these little creatures. This is a truly amazing website!!!! I love it, and spend lots of time browsing the dragon topics!!!

sheri85

Juvie Member
she's so pretty! (love her name, btw).

i found this site right after i got my baby, and it's been such a great resource. the community is great.

looking forward to seeing more pictures of Tikvah :D

izz

Juvie Member
He looks like she will be very happy with you :D . Is she a leather back???. I hope to rescue beardies one day and breed with my citrus boy. The pic of her on your husband head is funny!!!

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have NO IDEA what she is. I was told she might be a year old. However, based upon her voracious appetite she may still be a juvenile and require more crickets - which is happening. She's a massive rescue - not loved or snuggled, and underfed. Now she's spoiled rotten.

How DOES one find out what kind of dragon they have?

Toyguy

Juvie Member
It's hard to know what type, or genetic line, you might have. Being underfed, it's hard to guess age too but looking at her I would say she's less than a year. My Dash is just 13 months now, and he's about 22" long and 566 grams. Can you weigh and measure Tikvah?

How are you set up in terms of enclosure and lighting? That's key.

Are you dusting your crickets? I always did 6 days with Calcium and 1 day with Herptivite. How does she do with salad?

Glad to see she's with a loving home now - she'll come around quickly.

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She has a heating infrared lamp on one side (75 watts) and then on the other is her UVB bulb which is a 10.0. I dust her crickets and sometimes her salads. She adores her salads, mostly when she's sitting on my lap - she's on the spoiled side now. She's about 15'' long. Don't have a scale here - she is small though, LoL...

I've never been worried about her eating habits - ever. :D

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
A good update. It seems the little girl was hungry - as she devoured around... 20-30 crickets in about 10 minutes. It still annoys the hell out of me to think she wasn't cared for well enough at ALL - however now, she's spoiled - I can't wait to post fat pictures of Tiki!

Thanks for past posts and advice - "give them all they want in about 10-15 minutes for crickets."

Then she watched cars and dogs go by on her blanket.

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok, so Tiki came out to play, have a salad and some crickets. I saw the time and realized I should do my hair for work, so I put the little thing on my shoulder and snuggled her up as I took her back to her home.

She resisted.

She got to where I couldn't reach her, so I just sat on the sofa for a while.

Fifteen minutes later she's back home. Finally. Tiki: 1 -- Emily: 0

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Don't fire me, but I finally got around to getting Tiki a basking/spot lamp today. I kind of go paycheck to paycheck with her, unfortunately.

Well, she's gone crazy - in a good way.

I thought she was active and alert before - that's NOTHING compared to now. She was being finicky and wouldn't eat a lot of salad, however, now, after basking, she went bananas and devoured her turnip green/cucumber/squash salad.

She also had her first waxworms today - I know, I know - but... she's underweight. I also tricked her into drinking by dripping water all over them, hehehehe......

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
She has such a pretty face I am glad she is in a better home. Reptiles become much more active under the correct temps that is why they are more mellow at a pet store because their temps are usually off. I just use a house hold bulb or an indoor/outdoor halogen bulb for all my reptiles basking spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom