meet Skippy

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all my name is Heather and i am a very busy mommie to 6 kids and now a beardie :) his name is skippy and he is 3 yrs old i got him off a local freecycle web site the owner could not care for him any longer. i dont know much about his past life but from what i seen when i gothim i do not think he has been cared for properly. t here were crickets crawling all over him and his cage and he is still ina 20 gal. aquarium i have a 60 i will be putting him in once my christmas tree goes down and i can it and the stand out of the garage. we have been without a beardie for almost 4 yrs so it needs a good cleaning before i put skippy into it.i am haveing issues with handleing him, he is very skidish and that in turn makes me nervous to hold him as i want him to not be afraid he turns as black as possible when i aproach his cage. and he scratchs the daylights out ofme with his claws do they need there nails clipped? i can hold him a few minutes at a time before h realy wants back into his home hopefuly we can just work on it slowly. i need to change is sand out so his little belly and feet can go back to normal instead of orange i will be doing tha as soon as we get the big tank in the house.

december2008054.jpg

december2008051.jpg

december2008055.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
He's beautiful! I do see the "death sand" stains on his feet and the side of his belly. He will be a fun addition to your family. What you could do is wear a t-shirt for a couple of hours and then put it in the viv with him. It might be better to wait until he's in his new viv, because of the sand I see, messy stuff. This will help because he will smell your scent and it will help him to get used to you.

CoopersGrandma

Juvie Member
hi and welcome to you and skippy , so glad to read that you brought skippy into your family and hope that with time , lots of understanding , patience and cuddles even for a short time together he will learn to trust you completley . as you said you don't know about his past life and how skippy was treated so hopefully soon with the new family and life he will have you all turned into proper beardie slaves . i like the t-shirt ideal , and talking to him may help to . good luck and keep us posted to how you are doing .

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
Hello and Welcome,
It's always heartwarming to see people taking in the dragons others could no longer keep.

Blessings to you,

Jeff

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:wave: Hello Heather & Welcome to BD.org! :D
And.............
:blob8: Congratulations! :blob8:
Thanks for sharing the pic's of Skippy he is very handsome. :love10:

busymommie

Original Poster
thank you everyone :) i am very fond of Mr. Skippy let me tell you. now that he knows mommys hand is the one that feeds him he is getting a little less skidish around me. i plan on doing the tshirt thing very soon i keep wanting to do it now but that sand is putting me off who knows maybe i will and just deal with the stain it can be skippys shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom