Meet Simon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Okay so... a few things besides the UVB (ReptiSun 10.0 tube is what you need, mounted inside the tank).

1. Ditch the red light. It not only is much too hot at night (it can go down to 65F, and you don't want it over about 80F for any reason), but they disturb sleep. You don't need anything if it stays above 65F. Otherwise you need a ceramic heat emitter if it is below that.
2. You need to get a digital thermometer with probe or a temp gun. The dials can be off by 20F or more, so they are not only useless, but dangerous.
3. He needs baths every 2 days at that age. Do not mist in the tank as it just raises humidity
4. Cut back the calcium to 5 days a week, not all seven.

I think that's it.

You can get an accurite digital thermometer at walmart that checks temps on the the cool side and hot side plus humidity. Its 12 bucks and accurate.

aegillesp

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I gave him a small bath today, and the water was about 3/4-1" which was at his elbows, but he kept dunking his head under the water. Is he drinking or is this normal? He has me all worried now... He didn't seem to mind his bath...

aegillesp

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It was up to his eyes, so his mouth and his nose was underwater. He did it twice until I held his upper body in the water. He seems fine now, but he acted odd when I put in back in his home. Should I allow him to to this next time? I didn't want him to drown...

aegillesp

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
no, he kept his mouth shut, both times. When I pulled his head above water the second time, it sounded like he sneezed?

aegillesp

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think his bath helped though, despite only being about 10 mins. He didn't go potty at all yesterday and about an hour or so after his bath, he poo'd enough for two days! in his water dish of all places. I am glad I took the walnut shells out, I found some in his poo.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
So I would get rid of the UVB coil bulb are bad. Get a reptisun 10.0 tube bulb. And install it inside the tank. The colored night at night is bad. Beardies don't sleep we'll with lights on them. If your cage gets to cold buy a ceramic heat bulb. They only put out heat. I wouldn't get a heat rock. Beardies can't feel heat on their bellies. Don't most the cage. Water in the cage can cause a raise in humidity which can cause a respitory infection. You should bath 2-3 times a week. Beardies absorb water though their vents and baths keep them hydrated. Lastly, I would get a digital prob thermometer. The one you have can be off as much as 10 degrees

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
Your baby is adorable.. have you tried bathing him yet? Both of my babies were hesitant w/ the water, I just made sure their vent was submerged, but at first I kept my hand under them, talked to them and stroked their backs and after less than 5 times they stayed in there themselves even closing their eyes, just chilling out.. you're definitively in the right place to ask any ??'s, when I first got my beardies I knew what I had been told at the specialty pet store which wad not the right info so feel free to ask anything even if you think it's a strange question.. you'll get the right answer..

aegillesp

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have bathed him a couple days ago. He dunked his head underwater until I held his upper body for a few minutes, then he was fine. He's such a cutie! He lays in the weirdest positions and it's so funny to watch him chase after his food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom