Meet Ruby (we are new to the website and she is new to me!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Hello just wanted to say Hi.

We got Ruby about 5days ago she's soooo adorable. We got her from an Excellent rescue where we live! She had been living with a male and upon getting to the shelter was eating but not much then laid a whole Bunch of eggs and after that looked like she had lost most of her weight! She's a healthy girl but still could use to put on some weight! We picked her because she is a Very calm Dragon and we wanted to get one that was fairly relaxed! (we also have 2 kids ages 3yrs and 5yrs whom are Very gentle and LOVE watching Ruby! Look mommy she's opening her mouth" "look mommy she's eating" they just Love her!) She's 4yrs old! Our tank is a 75g (48"x18"x24") we have some rearranging to do once she settles in a bit more she's on papertowel (for now then probably reptile carpet we will see as papertowel is pretty easy lol) she has a lizard lagoon in there that she is currently Looving as she's in shed! We have 3 sides of the tank covered in background (which seemed to confuse her at first as she though she could eat the green bits and climb the rocks but seems to have figured it out lol! She has a couple of hides in there (basking rocks, driftwood, and a log type hide but as I said we will be switching things up a bit over the next little while!) she's starting to eat more salad as the days goes on and she gets more comfortable! I think that's all my info for now lol! Here comes the fun part Pics :D

218d1d67.jpg

4892daf9.jpg

e83de1d8.jpg

2588aa92.jpg

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Hello and Welcome to you and Ruby!! That last picture of her is so funny and cute, the positions they get in to to sleep are crazy sometimes.

-Kaleen

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hehe thanks everyone!! Oh my she has slept in some very funny positions since we've had her! It's been a Big change for her coming here From the rescue (Fairly quiet there, fairly busy here with our 2 kids and 8yr old Jack Russel)

Fresnoitte - thanks couldn't buy one from a pet store knowing sooooo many need homes and she's Perfect I couldn't ask for anything more in a Beardie Buddy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom