meet Pascal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunl

Pascal is my first beardie. His owner needed to get rid of him, and I am a high school science teacher, so I thought I would take him in. He is very cuddly and quiet. He seems healthy, eats well, although he is missing some of his tail (from before the previous owner, I was told).

He is in a 60g terrarium now, but my plan is to create a larger habitat for him in a display case outside my classroom. I'll try and get a pic of that tomorrow.

ry%3D400

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thanks for taking him in and giving him a good home. Please let us know if you have any questions about caring for him or about building your new setup.

dunl

Original Poster
Oh, I will probably have lots of questions, but as a science teacher I do know how to research as well. I'm thinking I will go with a tile floor in his habitat instead of sand, hoping that will make cleanup a lot easier and help to keep the nails short.

I'll try and post some more pics so maybe someone can give me a quick eyeball on his health at a glance, so to speak.

dunl

Original Poster
Two pics for now, and I know it's not a lot to go on. As you can see, he was quite comfortable the first day falling asleep on me.
ry%3D400

ry%3D480

I let him have a splash bath yesterday, which he seemed to enjoy. So thoroughly, in fact, that he actually fell asleep with the water halfway up his chin.

I put this water bowl in so he'd have fresh water. Well, this morning I found a mud bath and a very pleased-with-himself wet beardie soaking in the heat lamp.

ry%3D480

Keep an eye on the humidity. A water bowl can raise it too high.

Otherwise, you guys look great together. It's awesome that someone who is willing to research and improve his home took him in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom