Meet Nelson! *UPDATE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taralachelle

Hatchling Member
svmi3q.jpg

Two days ago I adopted this little one! I'm not sure if it is a boy or girl, but I'm hoping for a boy! Either way, Nelson seems to be warming up to me! I was told that Nelson is a baby red bearded dragon, not more than 2-3 months old. Anyone else have some input on that? :)

anastasia6988

Hatchling Member
Welcome! Nelson is a cutie! Looks to be about 2-3 months to me.

I find it fun to measure them every couple of days and keep track of how fast they grow. You can weight them too if you have a kitchen scale. (I'm still working on this part). I'm amazed in a month that I've had my little Hades he's grown almost 4 inches! He was about 2 months (educated guess ) and 6 inches when I got him. Now he is approx 3 months and a week and close approaching 10 inches.

Again, welcome and enjoy :)

Taralachelle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
anastasia6988":t5ke64d9 said:
Welcome! Nelson is a cutie! Looks to be about 2-3 months to me.

I find it fun to measure them every couple of days and keep track of how fast they grow. You can weight them too if you have a kitchen scale. (I'm still working on this part). I'm amazed in a month that I've had my little Hades he's grown almost 4 inches! He was about 2 months (educated guess ) and 6 inches when I got him. Now he is approx 3 months and a week and close approaching 10 inches.

Again, welcome and enjoy :)

Thank you!! I'll definitely measure him later to keep track :) hopefully he grows as fast as Hades!

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
NELSON! Oh my goodness, I nearly died when I read that, that is so unbelievably cute. :) I know that every beardie grows at their own pace, but my Gary is (we're guessing) just a little over 2 months old and he's at 10 inches now. Who knows, maybe he just grows really fast, or maybe he's actually older than we think! It's hard to figure it out when we bought him from Petco, but I don't regret it a bit.

Good luck with your adventures with Nelson! :)

Taralachelle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This was moments before he decided to make a run off my bed, land on my carped and then look at me like "I have made a terrible mistake" and clung to my hand hahaha
vo682h.jpg

And I'm learning this head tilt is part of his personality:)

anastasia6988

Hatchling Member
Aww, Hades did that once. Except he fell from the top of the couch to the floor. :'( he looked so dazed. I'm just glad he was not hurt. He's less "suicidal" these days but I don't trust him much when it comes to edges and depth perception.

You both are looking good. :)

Taralachelle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
anastasia6988":2561pck4 said:
Aww, Hades did that once. Except he fell from the top of the couch to the floor. :'( he looked so dazed. I'm just glad he was not hurt. He's less "suicidal" these days but I don't trust him much when it comes to edges and depth perception.

You both are looking good. :)
Awhhh poor Hades. Nelson just tries to climb up the headboard to my bed and doesn't realize he can't grip the material so he slides off hahaha. He's so little that I worry about him roaming around

Taralachelle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi guys!! Coming into a few weeks with having this little guy. So far he's been eating pretty well (even veggies) and he's grown an inch in less than a week! Still waiting on his head to begin to actually shed though haha
He's also getting used to cuddles before lights out, and actually waits for my to cuddle him before he goes to sleep :)
Happy Friday!
8x8mtx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom