Meet Mushu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNyan

After a long time, I finally got my very own beardie; Mushu! Here he is after the expo:

I got him from Carolina Classic Dragons, they said he is about 6 weeks old. I got 500 1/4 in. crickets... they scare me so bad I can't do anything with them.. SO I am odering Dubai and doing something with the crickets.

Here's his setup (I have the 36x18x18), I divided it in half) I heard they aren't supposed to have a hide when they first come in, my t-shirt is shaped hide-like though. Here it is:

I realized now I can't think of anything so he can climb up to the basking hammock. (Although my dad and I are getting a higher watt light bulb, and moving the UVB down closer) but for now, is there anything makeshift I can use? He's eaten 1 cricket and 4 pieces of mustard greens and I'm not sure if he needs to bask. And for night time, do I just cut the lights and everything off, and he'll go to sleep? He slept for 2 1/2 - 3 hours in the car. And any way I can help him not be scared of me? Now that he has settled down/in some, the fear has set in. I want to make sure I am doing everything right.. I'm happy to have Mushu, and I think everyone who has helped me with my many questions on my way to get him! :D

Anestatic

Welcome to the forum!!!! Beautiful dragon. The breeder you got him from an very good. We have wooden logs that our Beardies climb up onto to get closer to the heat. You should look into getting one. We baked our log in oven first to kill any bacteria.

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
You can get a log from outside and bake or boil it to kill anything on it.. we've got store bought and natural logs in our beardie's viv..

iNyan

Original Poster
Thanks :3 I was going to buy a log at the expo, but they had sharp pieces and loose pieces on it and I felt it'd take forever to beardie-proof :shock: I have it mostly figured out now though, he has been climbing up the extra hammock I'm moving the lower hammock when I take the cardboard out because I just wrapped the tank in old wrapping paper, But I'll be buying a stick-on background and some stuff to climb on soon :D

Here's what I did:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom