Meet Moses and his Firelink Shrine Viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

symbiotic

This is Moses he's just over 3 months old and is my 1st beardie, don't know why its taken me this long but I'm finally a proud dragon keeper.

The only thing concerns me is that he doesn't seem to bask on the rock for very long, not sure if its because the bulb being Red colored or that its not within the 35cm of the UVB light. I'm thinking of raising the rock with some sand so that it can reach the optimum range of UVB.

Any suggestion to his Viv would be appreciated :)

Background is the Fire link shrine from Dark souls game.
Praise the sun! decal will be added somewhere.

82503-6739212703.jpg
82503-2474293914.jpg
82503-2595740590.jpg
82503-1268501850.jpg
82503-505457153.jpg

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Nice looking dragon and viv :D . Beardies need a bright white basking light. The red bothers them as it makes them see things as we would if it were dusk.

symbiotic

Original Poster
Thanks destiny! I did order the same bulb but clear non colored neodynium his time.

Also with flukers repta vitamin powder and another fake jungle vine.

Anyone else from New zealand here knows where to get live feeders other than crickers and meal worms? Cant import anything live :(

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Unfortunately the neodymium coated bulbs also bother their eyes. I use a halogen flood bulb, but you can use a regular house hold bulb. Not the coil.

symbiotic

Original Poster
Thanks destiny, was too late and got that neodymium bulb. So far he seems ok with it.If i notice any changes in his behaviour I will look into halogen flood bulbs.

Moses basked much longer today
82503-7351453984.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom