meet me and my new beardie thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmarie24

hey, im a newbie to this site and got my new beardie on the 11th sept (2days ago).I named him thunder and hes apparently 7weeks old.hes my first bearded dragon, I didnt really like them until I met my boyfriend who has already got one.he bought him for me as an early xmas present.

Hes eating 7 crickets a day and im giving him fresh greens everyday sprinkled with a small amount of calcium powder (if im doing smething wrong please dont hesitate to let me know).the first night with me he didnt sleep and was very jumpy (which I expected) but lastnite he seems to have settled more because he actually slept a little and this morning when I was feeding him crickets he was walking up to my hand and licking me :).Ive been told to mist him with water twice daily as they said he is going to shed soon and this helps them with shedding apparently.Im not sure how to add images so could someone please tell me how to do this and ill put some pics up of him soon :)

ReIgN

Hi marie, and welcome to thunder too,

as regards to images I use photobucket but I am sure there are other sites. They usually give you an link to click underneath your pictures which make it easy to copy and paste your pictures into a thread.

hope that helps

ReIgN (Matt) and Lenny

ReIgN

kmarie24":3910c said:
to see pics of thunder please follow this link http://s529.photobucket.com/albums/dd337/kmarie24_thunder/[/img[/quote]

if you look at your main page on photobucket there is a box that says IMG code... copy and paste that and it'll put the image into your post :mrgreen:

kmarie24

Original Poster
thankyou so much, im such a newbie at this whole posting on forums thing, i bet ur thinkin deeeerrrrrr wot a thicko lol

kmarie24

Original Poster
I hope this works, really wanna show thunder to every1 :)

thunder02.jpg

thunder03.jpg

thunder05.jpg

ReIgN

not at all... it's nice helping people get to grips with things like that... I used to have the same troubles too :oops:

kmarie24

Original Poster
its nice 2no every1 has the same problems sometimes..........and here I was thinkin I was a computer whizz, obviously not lol.thanks to you, the pics are now showing up :)

ReIgN

he he and lovely pics they are too, what a cutie you've got there. Love that tumble weed looking thing you've got in there :D

kmarie24

Original Poster
yeh he is quite cute, I chose him coz he seemed to be the most confident one there..........he certainly does pose for the camera lol.yeh the plant is nice, I had to take the plant out shortly after the pics were taken though because the crickets were hiding inside it and I couldnt see whether he was actually eating them or not, think ill put it back in when thunder gets older and his food gets bigger lol.it was only 3.99 from the local pet store which I thought was a bargain.how old is your beardie?

ReIgN

I think he is between 2 and 3 months old and he's much the same as your's a... a real poser. They seem to love the camera.

I know what you mean about the crickets, I have to keep a real eye out at feeding times to make sure he eats them and they don't make a run for all the hiding spots.

kmarie24

Original Poster
awww, bet u love him 2bits!.i was told that thunder is around 7weeks of age but I think its hard to tell the exact age tbh.I really do hate crickets..........they are so annoying and even though ive sealed the paper towels to the bottom of the viv they still seem to find the smallest gaps and hide underneath it.my fiancee has got a beardie, hes nearly one, I keep looking at him and thinking, wow, thats how big thunder is gonna be, its incredible how fast they grow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom