Meet Hercules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hercules

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone! My name is Tyler, I'm new to this site and I just got my first beardie Hercules on Monday June 25th! Hercules is only a little over 2 months old, he loves being handled and when I pet his back. Now, without further ado, here are a couple of my favorite pictures of the little guy!

018.jpg

022.jpg

013.jpg

095.jpg

088.jpg

068.jpg

Linkin821

He's adorable :) hey, how'd you know he was a boy? Mine are about 4 months and they still don't know if they're boys or girls yet.

Hercules

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I actually don't know, it's too hard to tell when beardies are younger. Just kind of a gut feeling I have haha

Linkin821

Darn I thought someone might of figured it out haha, cause mine are babies like that and I wanna know if they are male or female!

ynevar

Juvie Member
Sooooo cute!!!

Looking forward to more pictures and to hear more about this lil cutie growing up!

-Stumpy and Gimpy's Mom

Hercules

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Here's an update with some new pics. Hercules is going through his first shed with me and has some pretty cool colors! It looks to me like he has a slight greenish hue to him, let me know what you guys think!

Pre-shed venting, I just thought it was cute
015-1.jpg

Starting to shed
044.jpg

043.jpg

He got most of it off, still waiting for his head to shed. Probably going to happen soon because he was doing some eye bulging today (very creepy, I'm glad I knew what it was before I saw it for the first time in person)
053.jpg

056.jpg

Hercules

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Linkin821":16glro09 said:
He's adorable :) hey, how'd you know he was a boy? Mine are about 4 months and they still don't know if they're boys or girls yet.

I'm pretty sure I just confirmed my gut feeling that Hercules is indeed a boy!
Once they are about 3 months/6 inches + you should be able to tell by looking at the presence or absence of hemipenal buldges right above his/her vent (on the tail side) 2 bulges on the eges causing a slight indent in the middle is male, and a single bulge in the middle is a female. Check this link out for more info and let me know if it helps you figure it out! http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/sexing/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom