Meet Baby Reptar!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi meet my new baby reptar! i bought him from our local pet store.
here is his general info.

How old is your dragon? 4 months
How long have you had your dragon? one day.
How long is your dragon? idk about 2-3 inches i would say maybe
What is the sex of your dragon? idk yet.
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? 20 gallons
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? paper towels for now until we go buy turf grass.
Do you use UVB lights? yes.
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb? no
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)? repisun 60 watt
How old is your UVB bulb? about 6 months.
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? not at all.
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? i have a 100 watt repisun heat lamp with the uva
What are the basking temps? 90-100
What is the cool side temp? about 75-80
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? stick on. i am buying a digital asap.
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? i dont understand.
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? no.
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. crickets gut loaded from petstore. baby food squash w/ pears and baby food bannans and apples.
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? morning and night.
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? yes.
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? idk with the new baby.
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? he has already pooped today.
Do you bath your dragon? How often? idk with a baby.
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? everyday mist him lightly and water is always given.
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? no
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? not yet. i have to find one.

here are some cute pictures.

untitledbby1.jpg

bby3.jpg

bby2.jpg

he just ate his first crickets! he is so cute... i just need a little tips because ive never had a baby before. im so happy and i think voldemort would have really liked his friend. :) i know he is a happy dragon looking down on us.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
He's cute! Thanks for sharing those pics! I do have a couple of suggestions. The uvb you need to use for him right now is the reptisun 10 tube. Don't use the coil or compact uvbs, also don't use the zilla uvb tubes. Those don't give off uvb that is good enough for our beardies.

Paper towels are a good substrate to use for baby beardies as they tend (from what I've heard) to poop 2 or 3 times a day and the paper towels are easier to clean up. The thermometer we use is the accurite digital with probe. Walmart has it for about $12 (last time I saw it there). I just replaced one that broke, I found it at Lowes for just over $16.

mommabrick20

Original Poster
i know i need to get a new bulb. we just bought him today. he is our christmas baby. do you think its ok to keep a towel or a blanket on top of his tank at night so it doesnt get to cold? what are good night temps for babys?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
BTW The best place to get the reptisun 10 tube is www.petmountain.com. It's close to $20 plus shipping.

They say the tanks needs to be no lower than 65 f. My husband prefers to keep it around 70. Some use the ceramic heat emitter. We tried that one one year ago and it only lasted for 2 months. These give off heat and no light. They are for night time. I do suggest you get the fixture they recommend in their directions as they wouldn't honor their warranty because I didn't use the fixture they recommended. We use a 75 watt night light bulb and we put our girls under a box in their vivs. I have had no trouble getting that bulb locally. I think a blanket will help keep the tank warmer but it will need some place to keep the air circulating.

mommabrick20

Original Poster
thank you! i had to keep it in the dragon family. :) i love my little baby he is such a joy he is doing so well. no relocation stress. he is eating and drinking fine. i do have a question about the water. we are scared to mist him because he is so small. how many times should i mist him? and where can i bath him? he really seems to like the banana baby food but are bananas something i can feed him everyday?

Mavellie

Hatchling Member
mommabrick20":yg6bp90t said:
thank you! i had to keep it in the dragon family. :) i love my little baby he is such a joy he is doing so well. no relocation stress. he is eating and drinking fine. i do have a question about the water. we are scared to mist him because he is so small. how many times should i mist him? and where can i bath him? he really seems to like the banana baby food but are bananas something i can feed him everyday?

I actually don't mist my little one because she was the runt, and is recovering from an amputation. I just bathe her in a little Tupperware container every morning, with warm water, for about 10-15 minutes. Keep in mind you only want the water to go up to the shoulders. Then I put her in a beardie burrito and let her lay under her heat lamp. You don't want to go mist crazy and have the humidity levels go up.

Here is an awesome guide to food, http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html. Live food is also super important at his age.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
The markings on this little one are spectacular, very cute baby dragon. :wink:
I made you a welcoming gift, since it is Christmas and all. It is an avatar for you profile. Hope you like it. If you don't use it, it is okay, no hard feelings. I am just trying to be nice. :wink:
untitledbby1.jpg

Right-click and save to your computer. Go to "user control panel" > "profile" > "edit avatar". Click on browse and locate the image on your computer. Click submit. Done :wink:

mommabrick20

Original Poster
thank you! we love it!! he is doing so good. im very surprised but he is a very happy baby. i will be glad when it gets warmer though. how offen should i dust his food?

mommabrick20

Original Poster
some more cute pictures!

here is the new baby.
8f631bbd.jpg

cf4e088d.jpg

and my voldemort that passed away. he will never be forgotten.

3e2651d6.jpg

39a3b42c-1.jpg

thank you so much for all the love help and support!

mommabrick20

Original Poster
good news! reptar is shedding for the first time! we went to petsmart to buy some crickets and gutload. and we come home and half of his tail has shed off! i hope his markings dont go away. but the baby is doing good. i just need a new temp gauge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom